Events hosted by your school and events hosted on-campus by employers allow for student qualifications to be set. Student qualifications allow you to restrict event attendance to a particular subset of students based on Primary Education information.
All students will be able to view the event, regardless of qualifications set, however, students' Primary Education data must meet the qualifications selected in order to register for the event.
Qualification logic is 'AND' across qualification types, and 'OR' within a particular type.
- For example, if you select School Years: Sophomore, Junior 'AND' select Colleges: College of Business, and this would allow any Sophomores 'OR' Juniors with College of Business listed in their Primary Education to register.
1. To set qualifications for an event hosted by your school, or an employer-hosted on-campus event, click Events from the left navigation bar in Handshake. Locate the relevant event in the list, then click on the event name.
2. From the event overview page, click the Qualifications tab in the upper-right corner of the page.
Note: if there isn't a Qualifications tab in the upper-right corner of the page, double-check the event type - if it's hosted off-campus or virtually by an employer, you won't be able to set qualifications.
3. Select the desired qualifications of fair attendees:
- School years: Select school years to limit registrations to only students with these school years. You may select as many as you like.
- Cumulative GPA Required: Check this box if you'd like registrations limited to students with a minimum gpa.
- Cumulative GPA text box: if marked required, enter the minimum gpa
- Major Groups: Select specific majors groups to limit registrations to students with a qualifying major.
- Colleges: Enter the name(s) of colleges that students must be linked to in order to register for the fair.
- Required Labels: Enter any labels that students must have on their profile in order to register.
Note: Students missing any of the required data on their profile will not be able to register. For example, if all school years are checked, but the student does not have a school year selected on their profile in Primary Education, they will not be able to register.