While there isn't currently a way to split payments between two credit cards in Handshake, there's a workflow that'll help you successfully split the payment.
To do this, you'll need to apply a one-off discount, charge the first card, remove the discount, then charge the second card for the remaining difference. For guidance, follow the steps outlined in the example below.
Create a one-off discount for the payment amount of the second card. The amount of the one-off discount will be removed from total cost, allowing the first invoice to reflect the payment of the first card.
1. On the employer registration page, click the blue button New One-off Discount, located on the left side of the page under Payments.
2. Type the payment amount of the second card within the pop-up under Discount to Apply.
3. Click the blue button Create, located in the lower right corner of the pop-up to save.
Now that the one-off discount has been removed from the total cost, send the first invoice to the employer.
For more information on sending an invoice, refer to How to Send an Invoice.
Once the employer has paid the first invoice, you'll need to remove the one-off discount.
1. On the employer registration page, click the Edit tab in the upper-right corner.
2. Locate the Payment section of the page and remove the checkmark under Discounts (next to the one-off discount that was previously created).
3. Click the blue button Update Registration in the lower right corner of the page to save.
Now that the one-off discount has been removed, create a new invoice for the remaining amount and send to the employer!