Enable and manage appointments and custom settings for your institution via the Appointment Preferences page in School Settings.
Click your name in the upper-right corner of Handshake, click School Settings, then click Appointment Preferences from the menu on the left of the page.
- Appointments Enabled: Check this if you would like to enable appointments on campus. This will add the Appointments option to the students page.
- Auto Approve: Appointments requested will be automatically approved. If you are confident that your appointment blocks are setup to only show times you are available, then you may want to choose this option.
- Walkin appointment medium: The appointment medium that should be assigned to walk in (drop-in) appointments. Usually this is Face to Face, but it could also be a different medium like Video Call depending on how drop-in appointments are handled on your campus.
- Appointment Request Timeframe: The amount of time before the appointment that it must be requested. If you are approving appointments, you will want to give yourself enough time to approve them.
- Permission Labels: Select this if you have a specific group of students that should or should not be able to schedule appointments.
- Permission Denied Message: If Permission Label is configured, this is the message displayed to students that are not able to schedule appointments.