Career Services users can add a custom message, link, and info label to the student registration page to better inform students about what is required when requesting a Handshake account. This appears when a student registers for a new account.
- Best Practice: use these options to include any requirements or specific steps needed to be approved for a Handshake account at your institution, such as an ID number or other helpful information!
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click School Settings from the dropdown.
2. The Details tab loads by default–on this page, scroll down to the Configuration section. From here you can add a:
- User request custom message to provide guidance or instruction on what to enter or what comes next, such as a recommendation to use their school provided email to expedite their setup.
- User request custom link to direct students to an external site that they need to visit before being approved in Handshake .
- User request custom link label to identify the custom link for students.
- User request additional info label to let students know what additional information they need to include to be approved as a user in Handshake. Students will be presented with an empty field to fill in based on the label.
3. When finished, click the green button Update School in the lower-right corner of the page.
Here is an example of a custom message with a custom link:
If you requested an additional info label, the student will be prompted to provide this before completing their request. Here's an example of this field:
The Additional Info Label entry and student submitted response appear below the institution name within the Email Action popup when reviewing a student request.
For more information on approving student requests, refer to How to Process Student & Alumni Connection Requests.