Employers can view student profiles in Handshake, as long as your company is approved to recruit at the student's school, and the student has opted into sharing their profile with employers.
For more information on connecting with schools, refer to School Network Management.
To view a student profile, click the hyperlinked name of the student, anywhere it appears, including Applications, event or fair RSVPs, Search Students page, etc.
- Note: If the student has marked their profile as private and has applied to a job or RSVP'd to a fair or event, their name will be hyperlinked, but when you click on it, an error will appear that states "This user's profile is private.", as shown in the example below:
Student profiles display standard information that may be either added by the student, or synced into Handshake via their school. All employers (that are approved at the school) will be able to view the information entered in each field:
- Education: School Name, School Year, Graduation Date, Major(s), College, GPA*(only if the student has also opted in to sharing GPA with employers)
- Personal Information: Pronouns*(only if the student has also opted in to sharing their pronouns with employers)
- Work Experience: Employer name, Job Title, Dates of employment, Location
- Organizations / Extracurriculars
- Get To Know Me: A brief introduction from the student
If your company is a Premium partner, and your account has been designated as a Premium Seat in Handshake, the student profile will also include Candidate Touchpoint information!
The Candidate Touchpoints section provides details about:
- any messages that student has already received from your company
- events or fairs the student has RSVP'd or checked into with your employer
- any jobs the student has applied to at your company
Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.