This resource will provide the steps on how to pay for an invoice you have received for a career fair registration.
To pay for a career fair:
- The registration payment status must be "Invoiced."
You must have a role other than Representative. If you do not have access, reach out to your company's Owner or Admin to request a role change or permission. For more information, refer to Who is the Owner of My Company's Profile?
Payments can be made from the Career Fairs registration page on Handshake. There are two ways to access the registration page:
Invoice via email
When a school sends an invoice for a career fair, the registrant will receive an email in their inbox. The invoice will contain a link at the bottom of the email to pay by credit card.
Click the Pay Here link to be directed to the Career Fair registration page in Handshake.
- If you experience any technical issues, navigate directly to Handshake to view the registration.
- If the registration was submitted with a manual payment option, the email won't include the Pay Here link.
- To proceed with a manual payment, you'll need to follow the school's provided instructions, or connect with the career fair's point of contact.
The email will read:
From: Handshake <email@example.com
Subject: "Invoice for [EMPLOYER NAME]: Registration for [CAREER FAIR NAME] at [SCHOOL NAME]"
Heading: "Your invoice has arrived!"
Body: "Hello [CAREER FAIR REGISTRANT FIRST NAME],
Invoice #[NUMBER] for [EMPLOYER NAME]:
Your invoice has arrived! [SCHOOL NAME] has invoiced you for your [CAREER FAIR NAME] career fair registration. Your total comes to [COST].
Download Invoice [LINK]
You can view more details about your registration [LINK] at any time on Handshake.
Registration Date: [DATE]
Registrant: [REGISTRANT NAME]
[MONTH, DATE] [TIME]
You can Pay Here [LINK] using a credit card.
To locate the career fairs registration page on Handshake, refer to How to View/Edit a Career Fair Registration.
Pay for the Career Fair
On the registration page, you will have access to pay for the fair.
1. Click the green button Pay Now, located within the Payment Status section on the left side of the page.
2. Enter the credit card information in the pop-up, then click the button Pay amount when you're ready to submit your payment.
Note: if the green button Pay Now is not available, the registration was submitted with a manual payment option.
- To proceed with a manual payment, you'll need to follow the school's provided instructions, or connect with the Career Fair's point of contact.
If you receive a message that states your card has declined, verify the credit card details and contact your card issuer to make sure that the card is authorized to allow payments from Stripe. If your payment continues to fail, the Stripe account associated with the school (host) may be blocking your payment method.
Note: if there's ever an issue with a card during a single transaction, Stripe will block that card for future transactions.
To help resolve the issue, connect with the Career Fair point of contact, so they can assist you further.
Career Fair Contact
If you need to connect with the Career Fairs point of contact, you can find their information on the Career Fairs details page in Handshake.
The contact information is included within the Contact section, located on the left side of the page.