If your school is using appointment scheduling in Handshake, you can follow these steps to request an appointment with a career counselor.
1. Click on Career Center in the upper-right corner of your screen or below the banner image on your homepage.
2. Click on Appointments from your Career Center's page, located below the school name on the left of the page.
3. On the following page, past and upcoming appointments you have scheduled are listed. To request a new appointment, click the Schedule a New Appointment button in the upper-left of the page.
4. Click on the desired category, then click on the desired type of appointment. A list of available appointment dates will appear based on the category and type selected. From this page, you can use the Category, Type, Staff Member, and Appointment Medium menus to change selections and choose from available appointment options.
Click on a time that works for you from the list that appears under the date.
5. Select your desired Appointment medium from the dropdown menu, then enter details about the appointment in the "What can we help you with?" section. When you're ready, click Request in the lower-right of the screen.
Tip: If you'd prefer a virtual appointment, select "Virtual on Handshake" from the Appointment Medium dropdown!
6. You will be taken to the overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment.
Make sure to check your notifications for updates to the status of your appointment!
If you've requested a "Virtual on Handshake" appointment, check out Attending Virtual Appointments on Handshake!
Missing the “Career Center” tab in the upper-right of your screen?
If you do not have the “Career Center” tab in the upper-right of your screen (to the left of your account icon), it means your school doesn't currently partner with Handshake (yet!) If you're enjoying your experience on Handshake, feel free to encourage your career center to formally partner with us and we can unlock additional benefits for you and your university!