External feeds (RSS feeds) are a way for you to display information from Handshake on external sites.
Tip: You can also use Handshake RSS feeds in combination with a MailChimp campaign to automatically send to groups of users you upload directly to MailChimp. You'll need the Public link to your published feed, then review this MailChimp article to learn about the process of creating your campaign using the published RSS feed.
We also have a video for external feed setup here: https://youtu.be/xrRgQk5KXzE
To setup an external feed:
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click School Settings from the drop down.
2. Click External Feeds from the school settings menu list.
3. Click the tab New External Feed in the upper-right corner of the page.
4. Enter a name for the External Feed, for example, Remote Opportunities.
5. Choose the type of external feed.
- Career Fairs
6. Select a "version" for your external feed, then click Next.
- Our "v1" feeds include minimal detail in the title and description fields for each feed item and are supported for legacy clients.
- Our "v2" feeds include additional information:
- For career fairs and events: the title includes the date, the description includes the date and location.
- For jobs: the title has the employer name, the description includes expiration date and the employer name for each feed item and should be preferred.
7. Choose the filters you would like on the left side of the page, then click Next at the bottom middle of the page when you are satisfied with your filters.
- Example: A label titled "remote opportunities"
8. Change the status of the External Feed to Published and click Save Changes.
9. You will need to provide the Public Link to your IT department or manager of the website you want the feed added to. If you need to regenerate the link you can do so from this page.
Note: The link should be embedded in a RSS feed widget to get the xml in a readable format.