Once you have posted a job to a school, you may want to request an interview schedule on campus. This article will walk you through the steps of requesting an interview at a school in Handshake.
- Click Interviews on the left navigation bar
- Click the Request Interview Schedule tab in the upper right corner
- Fill out the basics section of the form
- School: The school where you are requesting the interview schedule. Note: You will only be able to choose from school’s at which you’ve been approved and those schools must be in their interview period. If you’d like to interview at a school that does not appear in your drop-down list of available schools, read How do I request access to a school? to learn more about how to get approved at additional schools
- Career Center: Learn more here
- Contacts: The interviewers from your company who will be present for the interviews. Note: You’re welcome to include staff members at your company who do not have a Handshake profile.
- Name: Uniquely name the interview.
- Description: Describe the interview. Provide any information students might use to prepare for the interview including the format, the number of interviewers that will be present, etc. If you’ll administer a skills test or if you’d like the student to bring work samples to the interview, share that information here.
- Only allow students to apply to one job attached to the interview schedule: You can set this field once more than one job is attached to the schedule.
4. Click Timeline from the steps at the bottom of the screen
5. Select the date you are interested in interviewing on campus. You also have the option to list an alternate date if you wish, in case the first date is not available at that school. You will then be asked how many rooms you would like to reserve on that day
- Note: The school may have a limit set on the number of rooms you can request, they may also limit which dates are available for interviews. If you have any questions about availability you can reach out to the career center on the comments section on their school page.
6. If the school you’re working with hasn’t provided an interview Timeline template, create one yourself by clicking the Enter Dates Directly button in the Timeline section. Use one or more of the following options to create a timeline of how students can sign up for interview slots.
- Room only: In this period of time, you’ll have the room reserved from the school, but you will not be using Handshake to sign students up for specific interview slots.
- Open: During an “Open” period, any student who meets the specified job or interview qualifications is allowed to reserve an interview slot (without manual approval).
- Preselect: During a Preselect period, you will define an application period and separate interview signup periods for Primary and Alternate candidates. After the application period has ended, you will select Primary and Alternate candidates from the students who applied. Candidates you designate as “Primary” are allowed to sign up any time after the primary signup start and candidates you designate as “Alternate” are allowed to sign up any time after the alternate signup date. This helps ensure that your most promising candidates are able to find an acceptable interview slot
7. Select the time slots you would like to interview students in. These are time slots that are accepted at the university you are interviewing at.
8. Once you have selected your interview date, interview timeline and interview slot template you can move to the next step which is Jobs
- Choose the job you would like to attach to this interview schedule
- Create a New Job: Use this option to create a new job and new details, requirements and qualifications.
- Copy Job Details: Copy job details from an existing job. This will create a new job posting and will not import any job applicants.
- Use Existing Job: Use this option to attach an existing job and its current applicants to the interview schedule.
- If you are not ready to post a position you can click Remind me Later, this option will send you an email four days before the Apply Start Date reminding you to post a position and attach it to the schedule
9. When you are ready to move on select Review from the bottom tabs
- Review your interview dates and details and go back to any steps you would like to edit
10. Select Request
- Your interview schedule will now be sent to the university you selected in the Basics section. Depending on the permissions you have at the school, the interview will be automatically approved or it will go into a pending status at the university. You will be notified when your schedule has been approved or declined.