How to Change your Major or GPA as a Student

Shannon Hittson -

As a student, you may need to change your major or GPA within Handshake. Some schools have restricted these fields to be updated only by the automatic student data feed from the registrar's office. Other schools allow students to update these fields directly in the system. To determine if you are able to change your primary education information:

1. Open your profile in Handshake by logging in and click "View my Profile" on the left hand navigation pane.

2. From your profile, navigate to the pencil icon next to Primary Education at the top of the page.

3. A list of fields will expand under Education - if any of the fields are a dark gray, that marks a locked field and you will not be able to edit that value. In my example, this student is able to edit all fields, GPA and major are called out with boxes in the picture below. Make your necessary updates and click save in the bottom right corner.

4. If you cannot make any updates to these fields, notify your career services department of the change. 



Was this article helpful?
0 out of 3 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request