If you need to withdraw an application on behalf of a student, it's important to note the employer's application method:
- Applications in Handshake can be withdrawn anytime by either the student or Career Services.
- If an employer is using an external apply link, students will not be able to withdraw the application in Handshake and may reach out to your team for assistance.
- Note: withdrawing the application in Handshake does not impact the external application, if the student completed that step as well. If it was completed, the student or you should reach out to the employer to request withdrawal.
- If the employer is using our Greenhouse integration, no one will be able to withdraw the application in Handshake, and the student will need to reach out to the employer directly to have the application withdrawn.
To withdraw an application in Handshake, follow the steps below.
1. Open the relevant job or interview, then click on the Applicants tab in the upper-right corner. Click the applicant's name from the list.
2. Select the three hash marks to the right of Created By, then select Withdraw Application.
3. In the confirmation that appears, the job and/or all relevant interview schedules will be listed. Click Yes to withdraw the student's application.
Note: Use the Withdrawn Only filter to view withdrawn applications. For more information, refer to How to View Withdrawn Applications.