You may need to withdraw an application in Handshake, for example if you would like to change the resume attached to your application. You'll be able to withdraw your application if the application was only in Handshake.
To re-apply to a job after withdrawing an application, you may do so on the job overview page, as long as the job posting is still active (not expired).
- Withdraw an application submitted externally
- Withdraw an application submitted using our Greenhouse integration
- Withdraw a job application submitted in Handshake
- Withdraw an application attached to an interview schedule
Withdraw an application submitted externally
After clicking Apply Externally on a job posting, you're redirected to the employer's preferred application site.
- In Handshake, the job posting will update to ask "Did you finish your application?".
- Clicking No will withdraw you from the job posting in Handshake altogether.
- Clicking Yes will change the text to "Application Submitted". You will not be able to withdraw in Handshake, as your application is external.
If you'd like to withdraw an application that has been marked as submitted:
- Reach out to your school's Career Center, providing the job title and a direct link to the job. The Career Services team will be able to determine the employer's application preferences, and they may be able to remove your application record in Handshake directly.
- Note: this does not impact any application submitted on an external site!
- Only the employer will be able to withdraw the externally submitted application.
Withdraw an application submitted using our Greenhouse integration
Some employers choose to integrate Greenhouse with Handshake. When applying for a job posted via Greenhouse, the apply prompt will include a note above Submit Application:
"Employer is using Greenhouse to track applications. To withdraw this application after submission, you will need to contact Employer."
Applications submitted via Greenhouse cannot be withdrawn in Handshake by anyone - only the employer will be able to withdraw the application in Greenhouse directly.
To withdraw a job application submitted in Handshake
You can withdraw an application that is "pending" review. Once the employer has reviewed your application, you'll need to reach out to your career center to request withdrawal.
1. Click your account icon in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click on My Jobs.
2. From the list that appears, locate and click on the job title that you would like to withdraw your application from. The status must be "Pending" in order for you to be able to withdraw your application.
Tip: use the filters on the left of the page to narrow down the displayed list.
3. On the job overview page, click Withdraw Application.
In the popup that appears, confirm you'd like to withdraw your application from the job and any associated interview schedules by clicking Withdraw.
To withdraw an application attached to an interview schedule
1. Click on Events in the upper-left corner of the Handshake screen.
2. In the upper-left of the page that loads, click the On-Campus Interviews tab.
3. Locate and click on the relevant interview schedule.
You can withdraw an application as long as it's "pending" review. Once the application has been reviewed, you will not be able to withdraw the application, and you'll need to reach out to your career center to request withdrawal.