Important Note: this is only an action that can be performed by the Owner of a company profile. You can read more about Employer Roles here: Employer Roles & Admin Tools
To deactivate a Teammate's account
If a teammate is no longer with your company and you'd like to remove them from your Teammate list, you have the ability to deactivate their accounts. This will do the two following things:
- Remove them from being visible on the Teammate list
- Not allow the user to access their account in any way
1. From any page on Handshake, click on your name in the upper-right corner and select Teammates from the drop down menu.
2. From here, locate the user that you'd like to deactivate. Click the three dots menu to the far right, next to the Status column, and click Edit user.
3. On the page that loads, locate the Role, below Bio, and click the dropdown menu, then click Deactivated.
4. Click the green button Update User in the lower-right corner of the page to save your changes.
To view any deactivated user accounts, navigate to the Teammates page once more, locate the filter for Status on the left of the page, then check Deactivated.
To reinstate a Teammate's deactivated account
There are two reasons a teammate's account has been Deactivated:
- If a teammate has not logged into their account for some time, OR
- Their account was manually Deactivated at any time by an Owner or Admin on the company profile.
Having a Deactivated account means that their account still exists, but the user is unable to fully log in and access any of Handshake. Their account will need to be reinstated by the Owner of the company profile in order for them to proceed in using Handshake.
1. From any page on Handshake, click on your name in the right hand corner and click Teammates from the drop down menu.
2. Once here, you'll need to check the box next to Deactivated, under the Status filter.
3. Next, locate the user in the list that you'd like to reinstate. Click the three dots menu to the far right of their name, next to the Status column, then click Edit user.
4. On this page, locate the Role, below Bio, and click the desired role.
5. Click the green Update User button in the lower-right corner of the page to save changes.