On Handshake, you can deactivate a teammate that is no longer with your company, or reinstate an inactive teammate.
Deactivate a teammate
1. Click on your name in the top-right corner of any page, then select Teammates from the dropdown.
2. Locate the user that you'd like to deactivate. Click the three dots menu to the far right of their name, then click Deactivate User.
3. In the pop-up modal, confirm you want to deactivate the user by clicking the red button Confirm.
Once confirmed, the user will no longer be visible on your Teammate list and will not be able to access their account.
Reinstate a teammate
There are two reasons a teammate's account has been deactivated:
- The Owner or Admin of the company profile manually deactivated the account.
- The teammate hasn't logged into their account for some time.
1. Click on your name in the top-right corner of any page, then select Teammates.
2. On the next page, navigate to the Status filter on the left sidebar, and check the box for Deactivated.
3. Click the three dots menu to the far right of the name of the user you'd like to reinstate, then click Activate account.
Once activated, the user will regain complete access to their account and will be able to login as normal.