There are two options when approving new users to connect to your company on Handshake:
- You can either manually approve each request as they come in, OR
- You can set Handshake to automatically approve requests that come from an email address with your domain, as long as there is only one company in Handshake tied to the domain. Learn How to Auto Approve Staff Members.
1. To begin, click on the user icon (third icon) in the white toolbar at the top of the screen, slightly to the left of your name.
2. A list of teammates waiting for approval to join the company profile will appear. You can toggle between lists of Waiting, Successful, Rejected, Fails, and All requests.
3. Click on the teammate's name to review the request details.
- Alternatively, click the three hash marks to the far right of the name of the teammate you'd like to approve, and select to view the user, view their request, or quickly decline or ignore their request.
- Note: ignoring a request does not cancel it–it simply hides it from your view.
If the teammate's email domain doesn't match your company's domain, an error message will appear:
"PLEASE NOTE: We could not verify that this user's email domain properly matches this company. Please do your due diligence in confirming this user actually belongs at this company and is not a fraudulent user before approving. You should NOT approve this person unless you are sure they legitimately work for this company."
4. Click on either Approve or Reject to complete the request.
If approved, the user will be automatically notified via email. However, if the user is rejected, they will not be notified.
Note: if you accidentally reject someone who needs to be approved, refer to How to Manually Add Teammates to your Company's Profile.