There are two options to take when approving employees who ask to be approved at your company:
- Manually approve each request as they come in, OR
- Set Handshake to automatically approve all requests. If enabled, any user with a confirmed email address with the configured email domain will automatically be approved when they request access at your company.
This is only something the Owner of the company profile is able to enable. For more information on permissions, please see Employer Roles & Admin Tools.
- Auto-approval of staff only works if your company is the only account using your email domain. Companies with multiple company profiles using the same domain cannot use auto-approval of staff. This will not be an option for your company's account.
- Auto-approve staff is defaulted to ON.
How to Enable Auto Approve
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of any Handshake page and click Company Settings from the drop down menu.
You can also get to your company's settings by clicking on Company Profile in the left navigation bar and clicking Edit in the upper-right of this page.
2. From this page, click on the Global Settings tab from the left menu.
3. Put a check in the box for Auto-approve staff accounts with correct email domain
4. To save this setting, click Save immediately below the preferences listed.
Once this is enabled, any user with a confirmed email address matching your company’s email domain will automatically be approved when they request access at your company.
If employees without a domain matching email request access, you’ll need to manually approve (or reject) those requests.