If a teammate is no longer with your company and you'd like to remove them from your Teammate list, you have the ability to deactivate their account. This will result in the following:
- The user will no longer be visible on your Teammate list.
- The user will not be able to fully access their account.
Note: this is an action that can only be performed by the Owner of a company profile. To learn more about Employer Roles, we recommend checking out this article: Employer Roles & Admin Tools.
To Deactivate a Teammate's Account:
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the page and select Teammates from the dropdown menu.
2. Locate the user that you'd like to deactivate. Click the three dots menu to the far right of their name, then click Edit user.
3. On the page that loads, locate the Role field. Click the dropdown menu, then click Deactivated.
4. Click the green button Update User in the lower-right corner of the page to save your changes.
To Reinstate a Teammate's Deactivated Account:
There are two reasons a teammate's account has been deactivated:
- If a teammate hasn't logged into their account for some time, OR
- Their account was manually deactivated at any time by an Owner or Admin of the company profile.
With a deactivated account, the user is unable to fully log in and access Handshake. In order to allow the user to use Handshake, their account must be reinstated by the Owner or Admin of the company profile.
1. From any page on Handshake, click on your name in the upper-right hand corner of the page and click Teammates from the dropdown menu.
2. On the page that loads, check the box next to Deactivated, under the Status filter.
3. Next, locate the user in the list that you'd like to reinstate. Click the three dots menu to the far right of their name, then click Activate account.
Once activated, the user will regain complete access to their account and will be able to login as normal.