This is an action that can only be performed by the Owner or Admin of a company profile.
Note: Admins cannot manage other Admins or the Owner.
- To learn more about Employer Roles, we recommend checking out A Guide to Employer Role Types in Handshake.
- For specific guidance on how to deactivate or reinstate an account, refer to How to Deactivate or Reinstate Teammate Accounts.
- If someone else should be the Owner, this role can be transferred to another teammate if needed, as described in How to Transfer Ownership.
Manage a Teammate's role
Role types can be changed via the teammates page or user's profile.
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the screen and click Teammates from the dropdown menu.
2. Locate the user that you'd like to manage–use the filters on the left of the page to narrow down larger lists. You can filter based on:
- Keyword search name or email
- Role roles are only displayed if at least one teammate has been assigned the role type
- Visible on company profile (Yes / No)
- Status of their account
- Not Confirmed
From the Teammates page
On the Teammates page, the second column in the table displays the current role type. Click the dropdown to choose a new role type.
From the Teammate's profile
1. From the Teammates page, click the three dot menu icon to the far right of their name, then click Edit user.
Alternatively, if you're viewing their profile, click the Account tab in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. On the page that loads, locate the Role field. Click the dropdown menu, then click the desired role.
3. Click Update User in the lower-right of the page to save your changes.