Single sign-on, or SSO, allows Premium partners and their employees to use the same secure credentials they use in corporate applications to authenticate into their Handshake account. When configured, all employees will be referred automatically to authenticate through your company’s identity provider.
Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, check out this resource!
To Log in, employees can use their employer-provided credentials or their previously established Handshake credentials.
Note: certain employers are eligible to require their team to use the SSO portal to authenticate into Handshake — if interested in this, contact your Handshake account manager.
Handshake supports the SAML 2.0 authentication type. If your company’s IdP (Identity Provider) supports SAML 2.0, you can setup SSO on Handshake!
Contact your Handshake account manager to request SSO support.
Configure the SSO set-up in Handshake
Once SSO is enabled, the Owner of the company profile will need to configure the SSO set-up in Handshake.
The following instructions are for the Owner of the company profile in Handshake. To locate the Owner, refer to Who is the Owner of my Company's Profile?
1. Click your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click Company Settings.
2. Click the Single Sign-Onn Settings tab on the left side of the page.
3. Enter the following information in the provided spaces:
- Identity Provider's Single Sign-On URL (required)
- Identity Provider's Single Logout URL (optional)
- This URL is provided by the Identity Provider.
- Identity Provider's Entity ID URI (required)
- Name Identifier Format (optional)
- Only email address is currently supported.
- Name Identifier Attribute (optional)
- The attribute of the saml response that contains the name identifier. It is configured within the Identity Provider.
If you would like assistance from our Technical Support team in configuring your SSO, submit a new ticket request with the information above.