Handshake’s ATS integration with Workday helps you increase efficiency, improve the candidate experience, and connect your activities to outcomes.
This integration enables you to focus on what you enjoy doing- speaking with candidates and building relationships- instead of manual, disjointed work.
Jobs are surfaced to candidates based on relevancy, and your team can promote jobs via Campaigns. Candidates experience a streamlined application process and recruiters can seamlessly review applications in one location.
At any point, your team can use Talent Analytics to surface recruiting and sourcing trends, then track how many of your hired applicants were proactively recruited on Handshake through activities such as campaign messaging and career fairs. For details on reporting, check out Talent Analytics: Applicants.
Here's a video overview of using the Workday integration in Handshake:
Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. Premium partners should reach out to their Account Manager to get set up with our ATS integrations. For more information on our Premium offerings, please check out this resource.
- Employer Job Creation
- Student Application Process
- Review Applications in Workday
- Application Status Syncing
Employer Job Creation
Overview of how your team will link their jobs from Handshake to Workday.
1. Link Workday Job to Handshake
- Create a new Handshake job.
- Existing jobs in Handshake cannot be linked to Workday jobs - a new job posting is required.
- From the dropdown menu below Select ATS job to link, choose the relevant job from Workday.
- The job must be marked as Live in Workday for it to be available in Handshake!
2. Confirm job details and decide whether to require a resume
- Job details will sync from Workday, i.e. Job Title, Job Type, Description, etc.
- Double-check the details added and format the Description as desired.
- Optionally include a resume as a part of the student application process
- Note: including this requirement will enable you to receive applicant packages from Handshake as well.
3. Post your Handshake job to schools
- Select your applicant Preferences
- Choose the schools to post the job to and set your job's expiration date
- Note: if you expire your job posting in Workday, the job posting will also expire in Handshake.
For step-by-step instructions for creating a new job, refer to How to Post a Job.
Student Application Process
How students will view and apply to jobs linked to Workday.
1. Student job discovery
- Students will browse and discover your jobs normally in Handshake.
- Best Practice: use Campaigns to source the most qualified candidates! For more information, check out Create and Manage a Campaign.
To learn how students find jobs on Handshake, please refer to How to Search for Jobs & Internships.
2. Student application flow
- Once students find your job, they'll click Apply Externally, and the Workday application will open in a new browser tab.
- After completing the application, they’ll click Submit, and their application will appear in Workday automatically (within a few minutes).
- In Handshake, the job posting updates to confirm the application was finished successfully, and the student can click Yes or No to confirm.
- A link to the external application is included below this prompt.
Example of a successfully submitted Workday application:
Review Applications in Workday
After a student has applied to a linked job, their application will appear automatically in Workday with their first and last name and Source = Handshake. Review the application as normal in Workday.
Application Status Syncing
After reviewing the application in Workday, the application status in Handshake updates automatically on an hourly basis.
The application status in Handshake is dependent on the application in Workday and will reflect one of the following statuses:
- Pending: indicates the application was not fully submitted in Workday
- Reviewed: indicates the application has been submitted successfully in Workday
- Hired: application was marked as "Hired" in Workday
- Declined: application was declined in Workday