Handshake’s ATS integration with iCIMS allows you to increase efficiency, improve the candidate experience, and connect your activities to outcomes.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource! Premium partners should reach out to their Account Manager to get set up with our ATS integrations.
With our integration, your ATS will automatically populate jobs details for all jobs you wish to post on Handshake and automatically expire when the opportunities are no longer available for application on your ATS.
Additionally, you will receive robust source tracking for jobs posted to Handshake, can engage with candidates sourced on Handshake, and keep track of their statuses to build a positive candidate experience.
Lastly, you can track how many of your hired applicants were proactively recruited on Handshake through activities, such as campaign messaging and career fairs, making reporting and measuring ROI easy.
Below, we have outlined the steps to post and manage a job on Handshake with iCIMS.
Posting a Job
1. Navigate to Jobs from the left navigation bar, and click Create Job in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Existing jobs in Handshake cannot be linked to iCIMS — a new job posting is required.
2. Click the downright arrow to the far right of the Select ATS job to link field to select the relevant job from iCIMS.
- The job must be marked as Live in iCIMS for it to be available in Handshake!
3. Job details from iCIMS will automatically populate in Handshake. Confirm details are accurate and formatted as desired.
- The job referral URL cannot be edited.
- The referral URL is the Website or Applicant Tracking System URL in Handshake.
- By selecting to request a document, you can also receive applicant packages from Handshake.
4. Complete your job posting and post your job to schools. For guidance, refer to How to Post a Job.
Student Application (process)
Students will browse and discover your jobs as usual in Handshake. To learn how students find jobs on Handshake, please refer to How to Search for Jobs & Internships.
Best Practice: use Campaigns to source the most qualified candidates! For additional details, refer to Campaigns: Create and Manage a Campaign.
- Students can apply by clicking Apply Externally on the job posting in Handshake, which will launch the iCIMS application.
- Students will complete their application as configured within iCIMS.
- After completing the application, their application will appear in iCIMS automatically (within a few minutes).
- In Handshake, the job posting will update to ask the student to confirm whether their application was submitted. The student can click Yes or No to confirm.
Reviewing Applications in iCIMS
Once a student submits an application, it will automatically appear in iCIMS with all of their information, including the date they submitted it.
Review the application(s) as usual in iCIMS. Learn more about Viewing Profiles and Taking Action on Candidates in iCIMS Candidate Relationship Management.
Application Status Sync
After reviewing the application in iCIMS, the application status in Handshake updates automatically on an hourly basis.
The application status in Handshake is dependent on the application in iCIMS and will reflect one of the following statuses:
- Pending: indicates the application wasn't fully submitted in iCIMS
- The student clicked on the Apply Externally button on the job posting on Handshake but did not complete the external application.
- Reviewed: indicates the application has been submitted successfully in iCIMS
- Hired: application was marked as "Hired" in iCIMS
- A job posting with only one vacancy will expire automatically in Handshake after a candidate is marked as "Hired" in iCIMS.
- Declined: application was declined in iCIMS
Note: if you expire your job posting in iCIMS, the job posting will also expire in Handshake.
Managing Applicants in Handshake
Handshake's ATS integrations automatically sync candidates that initiate the application process directly from within Handshake as well as with the ATS posting outside of Handshake to allow for clearer attribution available in Talent Analytics: Applicants.
The job's Applicants tab includes an additional filter titled Origin, which allows you to easily distinguish between applications submitted through your ATS and Handshake. Learn more in our Job Applicant Management Guide.
Employers that wish to opt-out of this feature can reach out to their CSM or submit a ticket to Support here.
To learn more about our other ATS integrations, visit Integrations & SSO.