The "Who's Viewed My Profile?" feature displays a compilation of the 200 most recent employers who have viewed your profile on Handshake.
For employers to access your profile, both of the following must be true:
- Your profile privacy is set to Employers or Community.
- To learn more about Handshake's privacy options, check out Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
- The employer must be approved to recruit with your school on Handshake.
Locate the "Who's Viewed My Profile?" feature
Click on your account icon, located in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click My Profile from the dropdown.
Scroll down the page to locate the Who's Viewed My Profile section, located on the left side of the page, below Discover More Students.
This list is only visible to you. Other employers or students cannot access your list.
The name of the employer profile in Handshake is what will be displayed - we do not display which recruiter from that employer viewed your profile.
Note: If you've opted into Campus Profiles (the Community privacy option), this feature will only ever display employers that have viewed your profile directly, not other students.
How can I double-check what information employers can access on my profile?
If you'd like to review the information visible to employers, click the button See Employer View from your profile.
The information shown is visible to employers that visit your profile, except for Your Interests.
For more information about Your Interests, refer to Update Your Career Interests.
To close preview mode, click the button Stop Viewing.
Note: while your profile is accessible to employers approved by your school, in order to share some specific profile data with employers, you'd need to explicitly opt into sharing - this is true for fields such as your Pronouns, Department GPA, and Cumulative GPA.
What does my profile look like for employers?
The employer's view of your profile is a slightly different layout, but the same fields are displayed.
How do employers find my profile?
Employers can access a list of students from the schools they are approved to recruit from. Additionally, they can employ filters to identify potential candidates.
Note: if an employer locates your profile from a school list, they may indicate they've "viewed your profile" simply by clicking on your name. If they do not click on your name directly from this page, they will not be listed in the "Who's Viewed My Profile" section.
- For more information on profile visibility for other students within the Handshake community, check out Campus Profiles in Handshake.
- To update your profile privacy settings, refer to How to Change Your Student Profile Privacy Setting.
- To learn more about employer interactions with students, check out Employer Interactions with Students.