Applicant Analysis allows Premium partners to calculate the ROI of various engagement activities on Handshake. This feature is made up of two distinct features that allow you to analyze candidates:
- The Handshake Applicants report, which shows you which activities contributed most to your applicant pool, including a summary of your interactions with candidates through Handshake. Described in more detail below–scroll down for details!
- External Applicants provides an overview of how an employer has engaged with applicants or hires who applied to jobs posted outside Handshake. This tool anonymizes the list of applicants that employers want to analyze before any data is uploaded. Handshake identifies matching profiles from the anonymized data set and reports on how the employer has interacted with these applicants on Handshake in the past.
- This allows you to input your own lists of applicants, hires, or offers to see who you interacted with on Handshake and how. Best of all, this tool anonymizes candidates’ information before any data is uploaded. Handshake will identify matching accounts from this anonymized data and then report to you on the past interactions you took with these candidates. For more information and steps, refer to Applicant List Upload.
With these tools, you will better understand how Handshake drives the sourcing of applicants to your external ATS. You will be able to view the activities that are most successful at shaping your applicant pool and help improve those that need added attention.
Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource!
Applicant Analysis Report
The Applicant Analysis report provides an overview of all candidates who apply to jobs posted on Handshake and your interactions with them. This report enables you to quantify which recruiting activities contributed most to your applicant pool.
Note: this report includes external job campaign applicants (candidates that clicked Apply on a job that was promoted with a campaign but not listed in Handshake).
To access this report, click Analytics from the left navigation bar in Handshake, and the Applicants tab will load by default.
This report tracks your brand presence on Handshake, campaign messaging activity, interaction touch-points for event and career fair RSVPs, and the five most common applicant schools and majors.
Use the filters on the left of the page to modify displayed results:
- Application Date Range
- Application Sources
- External Job Campaigns
- Applicant Status
- Note: If you have an ATS integration setup or otherwise update applicant statuses in Handshake, you can view this data filtered by the accurate applicant status.
Click the gray button Download report as CSV to download a copy of the displayed data. This report includes the following data, broken down into count of applicants and percentage of total applicants:
- Total applicants
- Viewed company page
- Viewed a job
- Followed you
- Received message
- Opened message
- Engaged (clicked)
- Registered for Group Session
- Registered for 1:1
- Registered for Career Fair
- Registered for Event
- Attended Group Session
- Attended 1:1
- Attended Career Fair
- Attended Event
- Percentage breakdown of applicants per date range selected (100% of applicants)