Talent List allows employers to identify and further nurture prospects through curated, individual messaging.
All role types except for Representative can access Talent List in Handshake. To view your specific permissions, select your role from A Guide to Employer Role Types in Handshake.
Features available only to Premium partners are indicated by an asterisk (*). For more information, please check out this resource.
Access Talent List
To begin, click Talent from the left navigation bar. The page displays a list of the following types of students from your approved schools:
- Students who have opted to share their profile with employers
*Students who have engaged with your company on Handshake by:
- Following your company on Handshake
- Applying for a job
- RSVP'ing to an event or fair
- Checking into an in-person event or booth at a fair
Within Talent List, you can use the search filters to narrow down displayed results, save your favorite searches for future reference, review detailed student profiles, and engage via messaging. For more information on each of these features, expand the sections below.
Talent List (filters)
A set of filters is located at the top of the Talent table, which allows you to refine your search.
To further refine your search, click the button All filters. Once clicked, a sidesheet with additional filters will appear.
Discover which filters are available only to Core employers and which are exclusive to Premium partners below.
|Core: Available to all employers||*Premium|
|The default page filters for all employers are:
All filters (sidesheet)
*All Premium users except Recruiter (Standard) can access the additional filters:
All filters (via sidesheet):
When filters are applied, the relevant button(s) are highlighted in blue to indicate that they are active, and your search results will only display the candidates that match the filters you have selected.
To remove filter(s), start by clicking on the relevant button. Next, you can either click the 'X' to the left of each applied filter or select the white button Clear all to deselect all filters. Finally, click the blue button Apply filters button to save the changes.
1. To save a search based on a unique set of filters, click the white button Save search in the top-right corner of the page.
2. In the modal, enter a name and a brief description for the search, then click the blue button Save search.
Note: to save a search, both fields must be completed.
3. The confirmation message "Saved search successfully" will appear in a green banner at the top of the page.
4. To apply the same set of filters in the future, click the white button Saved searches, select your saved search, then click the blue button Apply saved search.
The student table displays historical interactions per student (if any) with your company in button format.
To view additional details for each interaction, click on each respective button.
To view all interactions, click the blue button View all in the lower right corner of the pop-up.
Once clicked, the student’s summary side sheet will open to the far right of the page to display their interactions.
To view engagement history per activity type, click the relevant tab in the header bar.
The main profile details of each student, such as their Education and Skills, are included in their respective row.
If you have applied a filter to view students with a specific label, that label will also display.
To view more information, click the button View profile to the far right of their respective row.
Once clicked, their profile will open in a summary side sheet to the right of the page.
To view their full profile, click the blue hyperlinked text “View profile” located to the left of the blue button Message.
On the student’s profile, you can view and add notes, add or create a new label, and message them.
You can message students either from the student table or the student summary side sheet.
- To send a message to a particular student from the student table, click the blue button Message located to the far right of their row.
- To send a message from the student summary side sheet, click the blue button Message located in the top-right corner.
2. This will immediately open a pop-up message window where you can type your message.
3. Once your message is complete, click the blue button Preview Message, then the green button Send.
All employers can add labels to students in bulk from the student table. Check out our Best Practice: Use Labels to Manage Applicants.
1. To begin, check the box for “Showing [Range] of Number” in the header, then click the button Manage labels to the right of the table.
2. A popup modal will appear, and prompt you to click to add or remove a label from the student(s) selected.
- To add a label, click the button Add Label, then choose an existing label from the dropdown, or create a new label.
- To remove a label, click the button Remove Label, then choose an existing label from the dropdown.
3. Upon adding or removing a label, click the blue button Apply Label or Remove Label in the lower right corner.
*All Premium users, except Representatives, Recruiters (Standard) and Advocates can bulk message students from the student table.
1. To begin, check the box for “Showing [Range of Number]” in the header, then click the blue button Message to the far right of the table.
2. To complete your message, refer to the steps outlined for Message students.
Note: all bulk messaging at Handshake is capped at 500 recipients per message.
Learn more about Sourcing with Talent List.