Please note that any existing report links you have will continue to work normally!
All permissions remain the same; Career Services users will need to have Analytics "Access" and "Manage" in order to fully use Analytics!
The Analytics overview page has been updated to align with the same style used in other areas of Handshake (Appointments, Jobs, Employers).
On the overview page, you’ll see columns for each of the pre-saved reports:
- Name: The chosen name of the saved report.
- Report Type: The report template type chosen for the saved report.
- School: The school or institution that created the report.
- Author: The individual that built the report.
- Favorite: To indicate if you have favorited the report. Favorited report stars will be highlighted.
You’ll be able to filter the displayed saved reports using the filters on the left of the screen:
- Keyword search: keywords search report names, school names, and authors
- Visibility: Choose reports visible to all Career Services users, only other users at your school or institution, or only visible to you
- Report type: The report template type used to create the report.
- School: School or institution the report came from.
We are so excited for this release! You are now able to save your reports either for yourself, for your colleagues, or with the entire Handshake school network.
Using Saved Reports
1. To view a report, click on the row with the desired report name. The report will load with the preselected template, filters, and results, with the data for your school.
2. If you’d like to edit the report to customize it for your specific needs, click on the blue Duplicate Report in the upper-right corner.
3. Once you’ve made the desired changes, click the blue Confirm Changes button in the upper-right corner of the page.
4. You can click on the gray Edit Report Details button to change the name, description, and your report’s sharing options.
Creating a New Custom Report
1. To create a new custom report, click on Create Report in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Fill in the following information:
- Report Name
- Best Practice: provide a descriptive, easy to recognize name for the report!
- Not required, but recommended if you plan to share this report with others!
- Choose a template for the report
- Note: the templates listed are the former “explore” tiles that you could click on in the Insights tab!
- Sharing: Select one sharing option
- Keep private to me
- Share with your school
- Share with your school and the Handshake Network
3. Click the blue Create button to proceed.
4. You’ll be able to create a new report as normal on the page that loads, using the dimensions and measures to the left of the page to filter and highlight data that helps tell the desired story.
5. Click Save Report in the upper-right corner when you’re ready to save that version.
6. If you’d like to change the name, description, or sharing options, or delete the report, click Edit Report Details in the upper-right corner.
7. Make the desired changes, then click the blue Save button to proceed. If you’d like to delete the report, click Delete Report.
Note: Deleted reports cannot be recovered - only delete if you’re sure you don’t need it!
The existing Insights Data Dictionary has been added to Insights within Handshake, so each field definition is available by clicking the "i" next to the field name. You can read more on that in Handshake Analytics Data Definitions.
We've released several updates to three current reports (Career Services Staff, Students, Employers) within Explore Insights, which are referred to as Merged Reports.
These new fields will enable you to more easily accomplish your reporting goals, without having to cross reference multiple reports or combine downloaded reports outside of Handshake.
Career Services Staff
- Career Fairs
- Employer Approvals
- Job Posting Approvals
- career fair registrations
- employer attended events
- FDS responses
- Interview Reviews
- Interview Schedules
- Job Reviews
- Student Event Attendees
- Appointment Categories
- Appointment Mediums
- Appointment Notes
- Appointment Types
- Career Interests (Job Role Groups, Job Roles)
- Community Answers
- Community Questions
- First Destination Responses
- First Destination Surveys
- Interview Reviews
- Job Reviews
- Job Seeking Statuses
- Room Only Interview Schedule Checkins
- Room Only Interview Schedules
- Student Experiences