Understanding the Interviews page ensures that your workflows are as efficient as possible.
Click Interviews on the left navigation bar, then use this article to guide you through all of the functionalities of the page.
- Career Centers
- Weekly room availability
- Interview Schedule management options
If you are part of a distributed campus with two or more career centers, the Interviews page will display results for all Career Centers by default.
To filter by a specific Career Center, refer to Viewing Interview Schedules by Career Center.
Weekly room availability
Across the top of the page is the room availability for the current week. Each day (Monday through Saturday) has its own tile.
Within each day's tile, you can download the room information and edit the available room count.
- Download icon to download room information for the day.
- Pencil icon to edit the number of rooms for the day.
The week displayed will default to the current week. To change the week, click the:
- Week of [Day, Date] button in the center of the page to open a calendar.
- Arrows to the left and right of the Week of [Day, Date] button to find the desired week.
- Right for future
- Left for past
Interview Schedule Management Options
In this section of the interviews page, interview schedules hosted by your institution can be accessed, searched, downloaded, created, and filtered.
The page will display results for the specific interview status that is selected on the page. Use the column headers to change the status to:
- Approved - all approved and upcoming interviews
- Requests - requests that need to be approved or declined (if any)
- Other - expired or declined interviews
- All - all interviews regardless of the status
For each interview schedule, you can review the following information:
- ID - number that is automatically assigned by Handshake
- Employer - name of the company
- Date Received - date the interview was requested in Handshake
- Interview Date - date the interviews will be conducted
- Jobs - number of jobs connected to the interview schedule
- Payment Status - Unpaid, Invoiced, Paid
- Amount Due - the amount the employer owes (if any)
- Rooms Requested - number of rooms needed for the interview, requested by employer
- Rooms Assigned - number of rooms assigned to the interview
- Type - Interview Schedule type
- For more information on this, refer to Types of Interviews in Handshake
- Pre App - the interview has been approved, but applications for the job has not opened
- In App - interview is currently in the application period; students can apply to the connected job
- Pre Sign Up - application period has ended
- Sign Up - selected students can reserve their slots
- Finalized - interview schedule has been finalized and can't be changed
- Completed - interviews have been completed
- Slots Taken - number of slots reserved by students
- Status - Approved, Declined, Pending
Use the search bar to locate a specific interview at your institution. You can search for the interview by employer or name.
Note: the search will only display results for the specific interview status on the page. Use the header column headers to change the status to Approved, Requests, Other, or All.
For Approved interviews, use the Timeline headers to locate a specific interview.
Use the download option for a high level overview of an interview schedule in Handshake.
To select a particular interview or a group of interviews, click the box to the left of the interview ID. A checkmark will be produced in the box to indicate information for the interview should be downloaded. Click the Download button for the following details:
- Job Titles
- Request Message
- Response Date
- Created at
- Updated at
- Created by First Name
- Created by Last Name
- Created by Email Address
- Apply Start
- Apply End
- Employer Deadline
- Primary Signup Start
- Alternate Signup Start
- Current Timeline Status
- Interview Date
- Assigned Rooms
- Rooms on Slots
- Requested Room Count
- Total Slots
- Slots taken
- Contact First Name
- Contact Last Name
- Contact Emails
- Contact Pone Numbers
- Amount Due
- Amount Paid
- Date Paid
- Charge Session IDs
- Total Applications
- Total Primary Selections
- Total Alternate Selections
Note: if no checks are added, all interviews on the specific status page will be downloaded on the file.
Use the blue Create Interview Schedule button to create an interview schedule on behalf of an employer. Follow the outline in Posting an Interview Schedule on Behalf of an Employer for more information.
Use the Filter dropdown, located to the left of the status options to narrow down your results by:
- Employer - name of the company
- Interview Type
- Room Only
- Payment Status
- Ranges - insert date range of interview
- Other - tracking Resumes in Handshake
To learn more about filtering and performing bulk actions within the page, refer to Interviews: Filtering by Employer Labels and Performing Bulk Actions.