Using Handshake's On-Campus Interviews (OCI) tool provides a cohesive method for employers to post opportunities for your students, gain candidates, then meet with applicants, all the while streamlining the process from start to finish for your office and providing ample data for reporting.
This article is a resource for getting started on all things related to on-campus interviews!
- School Settings
- Interviews Page
- Managing Interview Requests
- Managing Interview Schedules
- Actions within an Interview Schedule
- Managing Approved Interviews
- Managing Rooms
- Cancelling an Interview Schedule
- Interview Preferences: setup default settings for custom messaging, room cost and more.
- Get all the details in School Settings: Interview Preferences.
- Schedule Templates: the interview slots framework, which includes the time and length of each interview date interaction (example: full day, 30 minute slots).
- For steps to configure, School Settings: Interview Schedule Templates.
- Schedule Timelines: timelines allow you to designate pre-determined deadlines for applications to be submitted, applicants reviewed, and slots selected prior to the date of the interview. Timelines are based on one of three types of interviews: Room only, Open, and Preselect.
- Interview Seasons: interview seasons allow you to limit when employers are able to schedule interviews and for what date they can be scheduled for. If you choose not to create interview seasons employers may schedule interviews at any time.
- If you'd like to set up seasons, check out School Settings: Interview Seasons.
- Create new schedules
- Manage requests from employers
- Access and make edits to schedules
- Make bulk updates
For more information on the overview page, refer to Navigating the Interviews Page.
Managing Interview Requests
Now that your School Settings have been established, and you're familiar with the overview page, it's time to start managing the requests!
There are two ways to generate an OCI in Handshake:
- An employer requests an OCI from their user account in Handshake.
- For information on this workflow, check out Guide to Managing On-Campus Interviews (with Employers).
- A Career Services staff member creates an OCI on the employer's behalf.
- Note: we recommend encouraging the employer to be self-sufficient when possible. Handshake is free to sign up for and use, and the employer taking these steps can also save you time! Empower your employer partners by sharing How to Request an Interview at a School.
- For information about this process, please see Posting an Interview Schedule on Behalf of an Employer.
Managing Interview Schedules
- the time the interview is approved in Handshake
- a later date after the interview is approved
Regardless of when you choose to build the schedule, the process is the same. For additional details on this, refer to Building an Interview Schedule in Handshake.
Managing Interview Slots
Actions within an Interview Schedule
- Adding an Applicant to the schedule
- Adding an additional interview date
- Viewing & adding notes
- Duplicating the Interview Schedule
- Building the Interview Packet
- Exporting the Interview Schedule
- Building Interview Schedule Slots
- Opening the Check-in Kiosk
- Pinning the Interview for students
For additional information, refer to Actions Within an Interview Schedule!
Managing Approved Interviews
Once an interview is approved at your institution, you may need to make updates to the details. These updates may include:
The rooms connected to an Interview schedule is the place in which an employer meets with the candidates at your institution.
There are two different ways a room can be added to an Interview schedule:
- During the interview approval process when the schedule is built
- At a later date before the Interview takes place
Follow the steps outlined in Building an Interview Schedule in Handshake to add the desired room/s.
If a room should be changed on an approved interview schedule, refer to Managing Assigned Rooms.
To change the available room count for a particular day, or block off interview days at your institution, check out Update Room Availability for Interview Schedules.
Canceling an Interview Schedule
There may be times when an Interview needs to be cancelled at your institution. Cancelling an interview will allow you to report on canceled interviews, and notify employers and students about the cancelation. Follow the steps outlines in Cancel an Interview Schedule to do so.