A flip-flop (or back-to-back) schedule occurs when an employer would like two different interviewers to meet with the same student.
For this process to take place in Handshake, the following must be present:
- An even number of rooms reserved in Handshake (2, 4, 6, etc.)
- Both interviewers displayed on each time slot separated by a comma, for example:
- Interviewer A, Interviewer B
- Interviewer B, Interviewer A
- A pair of rooms that will be flipped between two interviewers, for example:
- First room - interviewers listed as "Interviewer A, Interviewer B"
- Second room - interviewers listed as "Interviewer B, Interviewer A"
- The same time schedule for each pair of rooms.
The student will sign up for one Interview session time, although they'll meet with two interviewers. Halfway through the Interview, the student will switch rooms to meet with the second recruiter.
This workflow is encouraged because the student knows the:
- Total length of the Interview
- Room to arrive at
Building a Flip-Flop Schedule
When creating a flip-flop schedule, the time slots are created for the entire duration of the students time with the company. For example, if the student is meeting with two recruiters, each for a half hour, then you'll build 60 minute time slots.
Follow the steps in Building an Interview Schedule in Handshake to add the rooms and confirm the session times template.
Note: for each pair of rooms, the same schedule will need to be displayed, including unavailable times and breaks.
If any slots need to be edited individually or in bulk - follow the steps outlined in How to Edit an Interview Schedule.
Assign the interviewers
To assign the interviewers to the slots by room, group the Interview schedule by room.
For additional information on grouping an interview schedule, refer to Interview Schedule Slot Grouping.
1. Click the box to the left of the bolded name of the first room. This will check all of the time slots associated with the room.
2. Click the blue Bulk Edit Slots button located in the upper-right corner of the schedule.
3. Enter the two interviewers names in the Interviewer text box within the pop-up.
The first name will be the interviewer who will be conducting interviews in the selected room, and the second name will be the interviewer in the other room.
Note: the names must be separated by a comma.
4. Click the blue Save button in the lower right corner of the pop-up to update!
The names of the two interviewers will be displayed on the flip-flop schedule. Repeat the steps above to add the same interviewer names to the second room.
If you need to print an interview packet, follow the steps outlined in How to Print Interview Schedule Packets by Room to do so.