The contacts section is a place for your to manage all of your employer relationships, even with staff members that do not have a Handshake account.
Add a Contact
To add a contact in your Handshake system:
1. Click Contacts in the left navigation bar, and select New Contact in the upper right corner of the page:
2. Enter the information about this new contact in Handshake. You will be able to invite this contact to create their own account in Handshake after it's created. Until they create an account, you can use their contact information to keep them up to date on university information and recruiting calendars.
You'll be able to enter the following fields for the new contact:
- Assigned to: (select an existing university staff member from the dropdown)
- *Email address
- *First name
- Last name
- Phone (this is a free text field, format as desired)
- Cell phone (this is a free text field, format as desired)
- Alum graduation year
- Recruiting interests
*Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Once the required fields are completed, click on the green button Create Contact in the lower right of the page.
Remove a Contact
If you'd like to remove a contact, open the contact in Handshake. You can click on the contact name from the list on the Contacts page, or click to "view contact" on other pages, such as fair registrations, event overview pages, or job postings.
When viewing the contact, click Edit in the upper-right corner, then click Delete at the bottom of the page.
Please note: this will remove the contact from Handshake and all reporting, and this action is not reversible.