The contacts section is a place for you to manage all of your employer relationships, even with employers that may not yet have a Handshake account.
There are three ways to add contacts to your database in Handshake:
- Create a contact from the user's profile
- Create new contact details manually
- Import Employer Contacts - best if adding contacts in bulk, most relevant during implementation
Create a contact from the user's profile
Navigate to the user's profile in Handshake. On the left of the profile toward the bottom, locate the Actions menu list, then click the blue button Create Contact for User.
You'll be able to update some fields as needed on the page that loads, then click Create Contact in the lower-right of the page to save the new entry.
Note: the edits made on this page are only reflected in your contact entry, not on the user's profile!
Once you have a contact added for the user, the profile option will update to "View Contact Details".
Create new contact details manually
1. Click Contacts in the left navigation bar, and click New Contact in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Enter the information about this new contact in Handshake. Enter the information for the contact entry. The following fields are available for the new contact, and fields with an asterisk (*) are required:
- Assigned to: (select an existing university staff member from the dropdown)
- *Email address
- *First name
- Last name
- Phone (this is a free text field, format as desired)
- Mobile phone (this is a free text field, format as desired)
- Alum graduation year
- Recruiting interests
*Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Once the required fields are completed, click on the green button Create Contact in the lower-right corner of the page.