When you create a new job fair in Handshake, our platform will automatically create registration forms which employers and students will use to sign up for your fair. It’s possible to customise those registration forms (so employers and students will see your institution's specific questions) by adding surveys to the registration forms.
You can either create new surveys or use an existing ones. To learn more, please review Creating and Testing Surveys.
Note: The survey questions will be embedded in the registration form that employers and students complete, so adding a survey does not add a step to their registration process.
To add a survey to a fair, follow the steps below.
1. Click Fairs on the left navigation bar in Handshake. You’ll see a list of upcoming career fairs scheduled by your institution. Select the career fair to which you’d like to add a survey for employers or students.
2. Click Edit in the upper right hand corner. Scroll down to the student or employer (as appropriate) survey section of the page.
3. Select the desired survey for student and/or employers.
- If adding an employer registration survey, you may also choose to enter a Survey Title. This is the heading that will appear above your survey questions. If you do not include a title, “Extra Questions” will appear.
4. Click Update Career Fair in the lower-right corner of the page to save your changes.
When a student or employer registers for the fair, these survey questions will automatically be added to their form.
To view responses to any survey, click Surveys on the left hand navigation bar. Click on the relevant survey to be taken to that survey's overview page. You can review responses here, or click the Download Results button to receive a .CSV file of all results.