Job postings can be posted to additional institutions in Handshake at any time, regardless of posting status.
If the posting is saved and not yet posted, refer to How do I post a 'not posted' job to an institution?.
Features available only to Premium partners are indicated by an asterisk (*). For more information, please check out this resource.
The job's opening date is within the past year, but the closing date is over a year after the opening date.
- To post the job to more institutions, update the close date to be within 365 days of the open application date.
- Learn more about Updating Job Posting Dates.
- The job's opening date is over a year ago, while the closing date is more than a year after the opening date
- Post a job to additional institutions (approved institutions)
- Post a job to recommended institutions (not yet requested)
- Post your job to recommended institutions (approved institutions)
- Job posting approval
Post a job to additional institutions (approved institutions)
1. Click Jobs from the left navigation bar, then select the job you want to post to additional institutions.
2. On the job posting page, click the Institutions tab.
3. Navigate to the Post to more institutions section in the middle of the page.
- Click into the textbox to search for the institution by name or location.
- *Click the Lists button to the right of the textbox to select a institution list to post your job to.
- If your employer has access to the Handshake Open Network, and you have not yet posted the job to the institutions in the Open Network, you can select the checkbox for Post to the Handshake Open Network.
- If you have already posted the job to the institutions, the checkbox will be disabled.
- To remove a institution selected, click the X to the right of the institution name.
4. Once the institution(s) are added, click the blue button Post to the right of the section title.
Post your job to recommended institutions (not yet requested)
1. To post your job to institutions not yet requested, click the grey button Request connection for every institution in the Recommended Institutions section that you want to post the job to.
2. In the pop-up modal, the box for If this connection is accepted, automatically post this job at the institution is selected by default. Deselect the box if you are not yet ready to post this job at the institution.
3. When ready, click the blue button Request to submit your connection request and/or job approval to the institution.
4. The message "Connection requested. We'll post your job when the institution accepts" will appear in a green banner within the institution card.
Post your job to recommended institutions (approved institutions)
1. To post your job to any recommended institutions that you are approved by, click the green button Post job here now within the institution card.
2. In the pop-up modal, click the blue button Post job. To cancel the request, click the grey button Cancel.
3. The message "Job posted. You'll be able to track approval status below" will appear in a green banner within the institution card.
- Track the approval status in the Requested institutions section towards the bottom of the page.
Job posting approval
Once the job is posted, the request will be reviewed and processed by each institution selected. Read more in Understanding Job Posting Approvals.
Note: any additional institutions selected will adhere to the original open and close dates.