Create Institution Lists on Handshake to manage your institution connections efficiently, discover new universities to connect with, and leverage your institution strategy.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
You can create Institution Lists on various tabs of the Institutions page.
Institution Lists (tab)
1. Click on Institutions from the left navigation bar. This will load Institution Network Management, which defaults to your Institution Lists. The page will display all Institution Lists created by teammates.
2. Click the plus (+) icon to create a new Institution List.
3. In the pop-up modal, enter the name of the new Institution List in the Name field, and then choose the institutions you want to add to the list from the dropdown (optional).
4. Click the green button Create in the lower-right of the pop-up to save the new list.
Your Employer's Institutions (tab)
All institutions that your company is approved to recruit with will be listed. Use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow your results.
1. Check the box next to each desired institution, click More from the header bar, then select New List from selected.
2. In the pop-up modal, enter the name of the new Institution List in the Name field, and then choose the institutions you want to add to the list from the dropdown (optional).
3. Click the green button Create to save your Institution List.
Institution Explorer (tab)
The Institution Explorer module enables Premium partners to more efficiently partner with institutions based on growth needs.
Employers can use the filters on the left of the page to identify institutions with students that meet their selected preferences.
Tip: apply the filter Exclude institutions you’re not approved at to only view approved institutions.
Check the box next to each desired institution name, then click the Add to List from the header bar.
Delete and Manage Lists
On the Institution Lists tab, click the list that needs to be managed or deleted, then click the three hashmarks to the right of Start Segment to Delete or Rename the list.
When deleting an Institution List, confirm the action in the pop-up modal, then click the green button Delete.
When renaming an Institution List, enter the name new in the field provided, then click the green button Save.
Employers can easily use their Institution Lists in their Jobs, Events, and Segments as preferred.
Add an Institution List to a Job
1. On the Institutions tab, click the grey button +Add Institution List, then select the preferred Institution List(s).
2. Institutions in the Institution List(s) selected will appear in the Institutions table. Edit the details as desired.
1. Navigate to the specific job, then click the Institutions tab.
2. Click the blue button Post to more institutions, then click the grey button +Add Institution List.
3. Select the desired Institution List(s) and edit the details as desired.
Add a Institution List to an Event
1. Click Add Institution List below the field Invite institutions to promote your event, then select the preferred Institution List(s).
- Institution Lists can only be added to events hosted off-campus or virtually. For additional details, refer to How to Request an Event.
2. Institutions in the Institution List(s) selected will automatically appear in the field.
3. Edit the remaining details, then click the blue button Save at the bottom of the page to request your event.
Add an Institution List to a Segment
1. Navigate to Segments from the left navigation bar, then click the blue button Create Segment.
- For additional guidance, refer to How to Build a Segment.
2. Click Add Institution List below the field Institutions, then select the preferred Institution List(s).
3. Edit the remaining details as desired, then click the blue button Save Segment in the upper-right corner of the page.