The Institution Explorer module enables Premium partners to more efficiently partner with institutions based on growth needs.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
Access Institution Explorer
1. Click Institutions from the left navigation bar in Handshake, then click the Institution Explorer tab.
You may use the filters on the left sidebar to identify institutions with the largest population of students that match your strategy.
You can filter institutions by:
- Keyword Search
- Location Interests
- Level of Study
- Course Category
- Institution Type
- Diversity and Inclusion Focused Organisations
- Graduation Date
- Past Companies
- Past Job Titles
- Organisations / Extracurriculars
Once you've selected at least one filter, a section will load at the top of the page to indicate the top suggested and total number of institutions.
Additional filters can be applied:
- Exclude institutions already in Favourites
- Exclude institutions you’re approved at
- Exclude institutions you’re not approved at
Institutions will be listed in the order with the most matching students based on all selected filters.
Your company's connection status with the institution is shown to the far right of the institution name.
- Request: you're not yet connected to the institution. Click the grey button Request to submit a request to connect with the institution.
- In Favourites: you're connected with the institution, and you've added the institution to your Favourites list.
- Add to Favourites: you're connected with the institution, but the institution has not been added to your Favourites list. Click the grey button Add to Favourites to add the institution to your Favourites list.
On this page, you can perform bulk actions for institutions that have already approved your company.
To access the bulk actions, check the box to the left of the name of each desired institution(s).
The following bulk actions will replace the column headers:
Start Segment with these institutions
- Learn how How to Build a Segment.
- Add to list