On Handshake, you can close a job that is no longer active and for which you are no longer recruiting.
Employers can access closed job postings, and review past applicants as needed. Refer to Navigating the Posting Page.
If the job posting doesn't have any applicants and the information is unlikely to be useful in the future, you can choose to delete the posting instead. Learn how to Delete a Job Posting.
Close job posting
1. Click Jobs from the left navigation bar, then select the job you want to close.
- To remove an individual school from a job posting, you will need to duplicate the job. For steps, refer to How to Duplicate a Job Posting.
- Please ensure that you close the original job posting to eliminate any confusion for potential applicants.
2. On the job posting page, click the ellipsis icon in the top-right corner, then select Close job.
3. In the pop-up modal, click the blue button Close job to confirm that you want to close the job at all schools. To keep the job open, click the white button Keep job open.
Note: if the job is attached to any interview schedules, then you'll need to close the job manually at those schools by editing the interview dates.
4. Once closed, the job overview page displays the message "This job is expired. No students can apply to this job currently. It has expired at all schools it was posted to"
- To view your applicants, click the blue button View applicants.
- To renew this job, click the white button Edit close date.
The job posting will be listed on the Expired tab of the Jobs page.