Once a job has been created and saved, you can review detailed information about the position on the posting page.
If you have not yet created a job, and would like to, refer to How to Post a Job.
Features available only to Premium partners are indicated by an asterisk (*). For more information, please check out this resource.
Access the posting page
Click Jobs from the left navigation bar, then select the job you want to review. Learn more about Navigating the Jobs Page.
The job posting page features an ellipsis icon in the top-right corner. Click this icon to Duplicate job or Close job.
Explore job details
The job posting page is organized into five tabs, each with specific information about the job.
The Overview tab provides aggregate posting performance data for Applicants, Job Views*, and Reach, as well as helpful recommendations for improving posting performance.
Explore the Job Posting Overview Tab.
The Schools tab displays the schools to which the job has been posted to and their approval status, as well as the schools Handshake recommends you post the job to.
- Recommended Schools
Post to more schools
- If your employer has access to the Open Network, the checkbox for Post to the Handshake Open Network is visible. Learn How to Connect with Handshake Open Network.
- Use keyword search to search for a school by name or location.
- To remove a school, click the X to the right of their name.
- To post your jobs to the additional school(s) selected, click the blue button Post.
- Filter on approval status by using the checkbox(es) to the right of the keyword search.
- Click the three hash marks to the far right of each school row to access additional actions.
- View Details — this will open a modal with details about the posting, including status, application open and close date, application count, on-campus interview status, and comment history.
- View School — this will take you to the school's page in Handshake, where you can review your approval status, school contact information, and general comment history.
The Matches tab displays candidates from your approved school connections who are likely to respond to your outreach, and candidates who meet all job qualifications specified on the job posting.
Filters and actions on this page may vary, depending on your current partnership with Handshake.
Discover your Job Matches.
The Applicants tab displays a count of all applicants. On this page, use the filters on the left sidebar to narrow and above the candidate table to narrow and customize your search results.
Check out the Job Applicant Management Guide.
The Job details tab includes the posting information that's visible to schools, as well as the options to add or manage labels, add notes, review an added tracking code, and review applicant package recipients.
You can make changes to the job posting details in the following sections:
- Job title
- Position type
- Federal Work-Study Program
- Job description
- Location type
- Onsite location
- Employment duration
- Expected pay
- Additional compensation
- Additional benefits URL
Categorize your job
- Learn more About Job Roles and Job Role Groups (Employers).
- Work authorization
- School year
- Latest graduation date
- Major groups
- Minimum GPA
- Application open date
- Application close date
- Number of hires
- How will candidates submit applications
- External URL
- Instructions for applicants
Your hiring team
- Company division
- Job owner
- Hiring team members
Learn How to Edit a Job Posting.