On Handshake, you can post your jobs to any institution on the network. Once the job is approved by the institutions selected, you will be able to post events to those institutions, as well as search for and message students there.
If you have not yet posted a job, refer to our guided steps in How to Post a Job.
Job posting approval process
It typically takes 1-5 business days for an institution to approve an employer and their job postings.
If there is no status change within that time frame, or if you have any questions, you may either leave a comment on the job posting, or contact the institution directly for more information.
Job posting statuses
Job postings are considered active if they have one of the following statuses:
- Pending: if a posting is pending, this indicates it has been requested successfully at the institution and has not yet been processed.
- In progress: this status indicates the institution is reviewing the posting, and may require additional information.
- Approved: these postings are visible to students at the institution it was approved by based on the job's open date.
Jobs are considered inactive if they are either:
- Closed: these postings have been previously approved at an institution, and the close date has passed.
- Not Posted: Newly created jobs that have only been saved and never posted to an institution.
Job posting edits
You can make edits to a job at any time, although the outcomes may vary depending on the job status.
- Pending or In progress: any changes made while the posting is pending will not impact the status or request date, and the posting will remain "Pending" or "In progress" until the institution processes the request.
Approved: updating the job's application open and/or close dates will reset the posting to pending, and the posting will need to be approved again by each institution requested.
- All other edits to the job outside the application open and close dates will not impact the posting's approval status, and saved changes will be reflected at all approved institutions.
- Closed: renewing a closed job posting will resubmit the posting to the impacted institution(s) for approval.