1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click on School Settings.
2. Click on the name of the item you want to add from the menu that appears on the page.
3. Click Add Item in the upper-right corner of the page.
Make sure you click Create or Save as possible to save your item!
Delete a College
If you'd like to delete a college, here is our recommendation:
- Pull a report of the students in the college(s) that will be removed, and download the report. You'll need to move the students to a new or different college.
- Use the importer to change student's colleges in bulk; the field should be "primary_education:college_name". For more information, refer to this resource.
- From there, once all the students have been moved, and you have verified the changes, you can either change the name of the college(s) to a variant of "DO NOT USE - "College Name", or simply delete them as with no students present in those colleges.
All reporting data will be preserved, just remember to use/reference the new college name(s) on the updated student profiles.