If you would like your event to only be available to a select group of students, Handshake offers the option to make events Invite Only. Only students invited to the event will be granted access to the registration page.
Note: if the event has any student qualifications associated with it, the student must be invited and meet the qualifications to register. For more information on setting student qualifications for an event, refer to Events: Set Student Qualifications.
If you are creating a new event in Handshake, refer to Events: Creating an Event for more information on making an event invite only.
Update an already existing event to invite only
1. Click Events on the left navigation bar.
2. All upcoming events will be listed on the page. Click the event you'd like to update to invite only.
3. Click the Edit tab, located in the upper-right corner of the page.
4. Click the circle next to Attendance on the left side of the page.
5. Check the box to the left of Invite only to restrict the events visibility to the students.
6. Click the blue button Update in the lower-right corner to save!
Once the event is marked as Invite Only, the event will no longer be listed on the Events Discovery page for students to access and register. Students will need to be invited to the event to register and attend.
Important: the student preview link doesn't act as an invitation. Students will need to be invited directly from the event page outlined in Events: Inviting Students. If an event is invite only and the student is given the preview link for the event, they'll only be able to review the details, but won't be able to register.
If a student is invited to an event multiple times, they'll only receive the initial invite. If you are unsure as to whether or not you have already invited a group of students, you may choose to re-invite them.
Article is closed for comments.