There are two options to take when approving employees who ask to be approved at your company:
- Manually approve each request as they come in, OR
- Set Handshake to automatically approve all requests. If enabled, any user with a confirmed email address with the configured email domain will automatically be approved when they request access at your company.
- This is only something the Owner of the company profile is able to enable. Read more about Employer roles & tools here.
- Auto-approval of staff only works if your company is the only account using your email domain. Companies with multiple company profiles using the same domain cannot use auto-approval of staff. This will not be an option for your company's account.
- Auto-approve staff is defaulted to ON.
How to Enable Auto Approve:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of any Handshake page and click Company Settings from the drop down menu.
- You can also get to your company's settings by clicking on Company Profile in the left hand navigation bar and selecting Edit towards the right of this page
- From here, identify Auto Approve Staff from the Details page check the Auto Approve Staff checkbox, if already de-selected.
- To save this setting, Click Update Employer at the bottom of the page.
Once this is enabled, any user with a confirmed email address with your company’s email domain will automatically be approved when they request access at your company. If employees without a domain matching email request access, you’ll need to manually approve (or reject) those requests.