There are two options to take when approving employees who ask to be approved at your company:
- Set Handshake to automatically approve all requests. If enabled, any user with a confirmed email address with the configured email domain will automatically be approved when they request access at your company OR
- Manually approve each request as they come in. Learn more in How to Approve Teammates at a Company.
Note: this is an action that can only be performed by the Owner of a company profile. To learn more about Employer Roles, we recommend checking out this article: A Guide to Employer Role Types in Handshake.
- The option to auto approve staff accounts with the correct email domain will only be visible if your company is the only account on Handshake using your email domain. Companies with multiple company profiles using the same domain cannot auto approve staff.
- Auto-approve staff is defaulted to ON when a new company profile is created with a unique email domain.
Enable Auto Approve
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of any Handshake screen, then click Company Settings from the drop down menu.
You can also get to your company's settings by clicking on Company Profile in the left navigation bar and clicking Edit in the upper-right corner of this page, below your banner image.
2. From this page, click on the Global Settings tab from the left menu.
3. Put a check in the box for Auto-approve staff accounts with correct email domain.
4. To save this setting, click Save immediately below the preferences listed.
Once this is enabled, any user with a confirmed email address matching your company’s email domain will automatically be approved when they request access at your company.
If employees without a domain matching email request access, you’ll need to manually approve (or reject) those requests.