Users can perform searches in many areas of Handshake. Career services staff frequently need to run the same searches again and again (for example, a search for all juniors who have scheduled a career services counseling appointment and have a GPA over 3.5). Handshake makes it easy to save search criteria so the search can be run again in the future.
Note: When saving a search, please be aware that you are not saving your search results. You are saving your search criteria. When you re-run a search at a later date, your results will likely change as searches are always run on real time data.
There are many areas in Handshake where Career Services staff can create and save searches. Searches that are created in most of the tabs on the left-hand navigation bar can be saved. While the search criteria will vary in each of these tabs, the steps you will follow to create and save a search will be similar.
We’ll use the Manage Students tab for this example.
First, create your search:
- Click Manage on the left-hand navigation bar.
- You will see toward the top of the screen a list of filters you can use to create the criteria for your search (filters in other tabs in Handshake may be located on the left of the screen). Filters include items such as school year, majors, GPA ranges etc. Select the criteria for your search. You will see that the list of students changes as you narrow your search by adding additional criteria.
Next, follow these steps if you’d like to save your search results:
- To save the results of your search (i.e. save the resumes of students that meet this criteria), check the Name box to select all students that meet your criteria.
- Next, if you think this is a search you’d like to perform again in the future, you may save your search. Remember, by saving your search you are saving the criteria for the search, not the data the search yielded. The students meeting this criteria could possibly change from day to day.
Once you’ve selected your criteria, you may save your search:
- Click the + sign next to the Saved Searches box.
- A Save Current Search window will appear. Enter a Name and Description of your search and click Save.
Finally, to conduct a saved search (one you have previously saved):
- Click Saved Searches at the top of your screen.
- You will see a list of searches you have saved. Click the saved search you’d like to run.
- Your search results will appear.
Article is closed for comments.