Your company profile is an extremely significant tool because it gives you the opportunity to promote your company to prospective talent, build credibility, and highlight what makes your company unique. Learn how to create an effective profile for your company on Handshake by following the steps below.
In order to create a company profile, you must have a user account. If you haven't created a user account already, refer to How to Create a User Account, Join a Company, and Connect with Schools.
Make sure your company does not already exist in Handshake before following the steps below. If your company already has a Handshake profile but an additional profile is needed for a different location or division, and the option to create a new company profile isn't available, contact our Support team here.
Tip: select keep me logged in when logging into Handshake before you begin creating a new company profile.
- If this is not selected, your page may time out, resulting in an unresponsive page when you try to save your newly created company. If this occurs, you will need to log out and start over.
Create a new company profile
On Step 3 (Join Company), click the white button Create New Company to the right of the page.
Next, complete the form with your company's information.
The following fields are required:
- *Company Name (doing business as)
- Legal Company Name
- Handshake uses a Third Party company called MapBox for locations. If you are unable to locate your company's specific address, simply enter the city and state.
- Company Size
- Government ID (choose one)
- I have a government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver's license, passport, visa)
- I do not have a government-issued ID
The following fields are optional:
- *Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business Registration Number (BRN)
- If a country outside the United States is selected, this field will display instead of EIN.
- Public Email
- Public Phone
We recommend completing this form as thoroughly and accurately as possible. Generally, the more robust your company profile is, the more likely it is that your company will be approved by the schools of your choice. Discover how to Create a High Quality Employer Profile.
Add your company logo and banner
Learn how to add your company logo and banner in our Employer Logo & Banner Guide.
After creating a company profile on Handshake, you are prompted to verify your identity and company. Learn more about our Employer Validation.