If your university is using appointment scheduling in Handshake you can follow these steps to request an appointment with a career counselor:
- Career Center dropdown at the top of your screen and select Appointments.
- On the following page, you'll see any past and upcoming appointments you have scheduled. To request a new appointment, click the Schedule a New Appointment button.
- You will see the option to pick a category and type of appointment.
- Select the category and type of appointment you are interested in scheduling.
- You will be taken to the next available appointment times once you have selected an appointment category and type.
- Click on a time that works for you or click on staff member to see the availability of different staff members.
- Enter details about the appointment in the What can we help you with? section and then click Request at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be taken to the overview of the appointment where you can cancel the appointment or add comments before the appointment.
- Make sure that you check your notifications for updates to the status of your appointment.
Not seeing “Career Center” at the top of your screen?
If you do not see the “Career Center” tab at the top of your screen (to the left of your name), it means your school doesn't currently partner with Handshake (yet!) If you're enjoying your experience on Handshake, feel free to encourage your career center to formally partner with us and we can unlock additional benefits for you and your university!