Blocking a student is available in Handshake if you need to temporarily suspend a student's access to Handshake due to misuse of the system or a late bill payment.
If you need to block a student, you can follow these steps:
- Select Manage from the left side navigation bar
- You will be then directed to the student’s main profile page
- Select the Account tab at the top right of the page
- Scroll down to the Status section of the student and change the status of the student to blocked
- Once you make this change, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the green Update User button. The change will be effective immediately and the student will see the following message when they try to access their Handshake account.