In order to log in to Handshake as an alum, you will need to set your Handshake password following the steps below:
1. Visit your school's handshake website (school.joinhandshake.com, ex: hittsonu.joinhandshake.edu). Enter the email address you will be using for this account. If you have an active .edu email address, please try this email first.
2. If you have an account with the email you added, continue with setting your password. If you do not have an account with the email you added, skip to step 8. The next step in the password reset is to click "Log In using Email and Password" at the bottom of the text box.
3. You will see a password prompt next. Instead of entering a password, click on "Forgot your password?"
4. Next you will enter your email address for a new password link:
5. The system will send you a link to the email you entered with instructions on how to move forward. This message will appear at the top of the screen once this is complete:
6. Check your email to find this email from Handshake. If you are not seeing this in you inbox, please be sure to check your Spam folder:
7. Follow the link to reset your password. After updating, you will be able to log in with the email address and password you just created.
8. If you do not have an account with the email you entered, you will need to sign up by clicking "I'm a student or Alumni".
9. On the next screen, you will be able to set up an account with a new password. Click "Register a New Account" and fill out the necessary fields:
10. If you aren't registering with a .edu email address, a career services staff member will need to approve your account before you gain access to Handshake.