Handshake is now able to track virtual student attendee checkins at EDU-hosted events! To check in, the student only needs to click on the meeting URL from the event's page in Handshake.
Note: if the student copies and pastes the link outside of Handshake instead, a checkin will not be counted for that student. The checkin feature is also only available when accessing Handshake via an internet browser.
Virtual Event Details
To track attendee checkins, you'll need to ensure the event location is set to Virtual only, and you've included the virtual attendance link for the event.
Student Registration and Checkin
The virtual attendance link is only available to students that have registered for the event . To check in, the student just needs to click on the link provided.
Note: we do not limit the checkin window, so the first time the student clicks on the link, the checkin is recorded at that time. If you'd like to ensure the most accurate reporting for event attendance, we recommend:
- double-check the event attendee list and remove any checkins prior to the event start (just in case a student has clicked on the link early)
- not include the virtual attendance link until you're ready for students to use the link
- Use this workflow with caution to ensure the link is added in time for the student to join the event!
Remove an early checkin
1. Click Attendees in the upper-right corner of the event overview page.
2. Locate the student that needs to be removed, then uncheck the Checked in box to remove them.
Note: if you click Remove Attendee, the student registration will be canceled, and the student will not receive automated notifications of the upcoming event. They'd need to register for the event again in order to rejoin.
Reporting on Event Attendee Checkins
Student attendee checkin will be recorded for reporting purposes the same as a kiosk checkin. This date and time stamp will be included in the:
- Event overview page (on the left of the page)
- Attendee list (via the Attendees tab)
- Attendee CSV download
- Analytics saved and custom reporting