Virtual fairs allows each employer to schedule back-to-back group sessions for the duration of the fair, and each registration supports up to 100 company representatives. If your company has multiple divisions that will be participating in a virtual fair facilitated on Handshake, checkout the best practices below to better highlight each division for students!
- Include names of divisions participating in your fair registration description
- Update Teammate titles (to reflect in 1:1 session schedules)
- Title Group Sessions to reflect the Division hosting the session
Fair registration description
Best Practice: Include names of divisions that are participating in the fair in your company's fair registration description.
Students see the description of each company as they are perusing available sessions. The description is great way to call out that you have multiple divisions participating.
If you would like to take this step on an existing fair registration:
1. Navigate to the fair with the link, or by clicking Fairs from the left navigation bar in Handshake and selecting the fair on this page. Tip: Use the filter Show Registered Only to narrow the displayed list!
2. Click on Registered in the upper-right corner of the fair, below the fair banner, then click on View Registration.
3. Click Edit in the upper-right corner of the page.
4. Scroll to the section for Basic Information. Enter the desired updates in the Employer description text box, and click Update Registration in the lower-right corner of the page to save changes.
Note: these edits will only be possible while the employer registration window is open. If you'd like to make changes after the employer registration is closed, you'll need to reach out to the fair's point of contact (listed on the Details tab) to request the edit.
Here's what the description will look like for students:
Update Teammate titles
Have fair representatives update their title to include the name of their division. Teammates will only be able to update their own title - if you have the role of Owner or Administrator, then you will be able to edit the title on behalf of a teammate.
To update your title:
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the Handshake screen, then click on User Settings.
2. Update the Title field as desired, then click on Update User in the lower-right of the page to save changes.
If you're an Owner/Admin, make this change on behalf of a teammate:
1. Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the Handshake screen, then click on Teammates.
2. Identify the teammate in the list (use the filters on the left of the page to narrow results), then click the three dots menu to the far right of their name in the row, and click Edit User.
3. Update the Title field as desired, then click on Update User in the lower-right of the page to save changes.
Here's what the title looks like for students scheduling 1:1 sessions:
Group Session Titles
It's a good idea to coordinate with the point of contact for each division that will be participating within the fair to align on group session times, since there cannot be overlapping sessions per employer account.
When creating group sessions or editing existing sessions, set the group session title to include the name of the Division hosting the session. You can provide more details as desired in the Group Session description as well.
Here's what students will see when signing up for sessions:
Article is closed for comments.