Once the initial schedule for your company has been created, you’ll be able to manage the schedule as needed.
All team members in Handshake can manage the schedule regardless of role type, except for two tasks:
- Changing the Schedule Owner (only Recruiters, Owners, or Admins while employer registration is open)
- Canceling group sessions (only the Schedule Owner)
Managing your schedule
Click Fairs from the left navigation bar, then click the fair's name. On the overview page, click the Schedule tab.
Sessions will display the number of open and booked sessions. Group and 1:1 sessions are listed in order of start time, per team member name.
If you're included in the schedule, your sessions will display by default. Click the dropdown menu to view another teammate's schedule.
Change schedule owner
If someone else should be the Schedule Owner, you can make that change on your fair registration, as long as the employer registration window is open.
Note: if the registration window has closed (the edit button is gone), reach out to the Career Services office for assistance changing the owner.
1. On the fair overview page, click the green button Registered button in the upper-right corner of the page, then click View Registration.
2. Click the Edit tab in the upper-right corner of the registration page.
3. Scroll to the Basic Information section, click the field for Schedule Owner, and then click the name of the person that should be the Schedule Owner. The dropdown will list all active teammates at your company.
Note: the Schedule Owner must have the role of Recruiter, Owner, or Admin to set the schedule for a fair.
4. Click the blue button Update Registration in the lower-right corner to save your changes.
Note: this teammate will not receive a notification of the change, so please make sure to communicate with your colleague once you've updated the registration.
Create a new group session
1. Click the button Manage Sessions, then click Create new.
2. A popup will load to ask what type of session you'd like to create. Click Group session.
3. The popup will expand with fields to complete.
- Are you using Handshake Video or another video tool? (select one)
- Handshake video session
- External video platform
- If External video platform is selected, enter the URL in the Video URL text field.
- How many people from your team will host this event?
- If Handshake Video is selected, enter the number of hosts for the session.
- Note: the host limit is 25.
- Which team members will be participating?
- Note: team members may be added or removed later
4. Once you've filled out the fields, click the blue button Create in the lower-right corner to save changes.
Create a new 1:1 schedule
1. Click the button Manage Sessions, then click Create new.
2. A popup will load to ask what type of session you'd like to create. Click 1:1 Schedule.
3. From the dropdown, select an active team member that will own this schedule.
4. After selecting a team member, select if you would like to add qualifications for that 1:1 schedule (Yes/No).
- If yes, click Next to choose qualifications (earliest grad date, latest grad date, School years, Minimum GPA, Majors, and Work Authorization) and the duration for which qualifications are effective (select one)
- Yes, pause qualifications 48 hours prior
- No, keep qualifications in place
- If no, click Create to save the new schedule.
Edit an existing group session
Editing an existing group session will allow you to edit the Title, Description, switch Handshake hosted sessions to externally hosted video, change the host count and add or remove team members as hosts.
1. Click the button Manage Sessions, then click Edit group session.
2. In the popup modal, select the relevant group session from the dropdown, then make desired changes.
3. After changes are made, click the blue button Confirm in the lower-right corner to save changes.
Add or remove team members as hosts
Adding team members as hosts
To begin, navigate to the field Which team members will be participating?.
1. From the drop-down menu, select team members or start typing the name to load results.
2. Once selected, click the blue button Confirm in the lower-right corner to save changes.
Note: when Handshake video session is selected as the medium, make sure that the host count is updated to reflect the total number of team members selected. Group sessions must have at least one host.
Removing team members as hosts
1. Click the X to the left of their name.
2. Click the blue button Confirm in the lower-right corner to save changes.
Cancel a group session(s)
1. Click the three dots menu to the far right of the relevant session, then click Cancel meeting.
Note: only the Schedule Owner may cancel a group session.
2. In the confirmation modal, click the gray button Cancel Group Session to confirm cancellation.
Note: once canceled, the time slot for each selected host will be marked as busy. However, time slots can be marked as unbusy.
3. Students and selected hosts who have claimed their schedule will be notified of the cancellation.
Add (invite) a new teammate
Teammates can be added as hosts for both group and 1:1 sessions.
1. Click the gray button Manage Team, then click Add teammate.
2. In the popup modal, fill out the following information, then click Add in the lower-right corner:
- Whom would you like to add?
- Select an active team member from the dropdown, or begin typing to load results.
- Would you like to add a 1:1 schedule for them? (Yes/No)
- If yes, Would you like to add qualifications for that 1:1 schedule? (Yes/No)
- Choose group sessions you'd like to add them to (optional)
- Select group sessions from the drop-down menu.
If you selected Yes for adding qualifications, click Next to configure qualifications.
If you selected No for adding qualifications, or aren't adding a 1:1 schedule, click Add to create the schedule.
3. Select the desired qualifications for this 1:1 schedule. Please note that setting qualifications will limit which students will be able sign up for sessions.
Note: early in the school year, new/transfer students may not have data for GPA, have a Major selected, or a grad date entered. In this case, if you select qualifications, students that do not have that data in Handshake yet and at the time of the event will not be able to sign up for your sessions.
4. After selecting your qualifications, select the duration for which the qualifications are effective (select one):
- Yes, pause my qualifications 48 hours before the event begins (Recommended)
- No, keep your qualifications in place the whole time
5. Click Add in the lower-right corner of the page to save your changes.
Bulk invite team members
1. Click Manage Team, then click Bulk invite.
2. This will open the editor form, where you may select multiple team members to add to group sessions or 1:1 schedules.
3. Click the checkbox to the left of each team member that should be added, or type the name of the team member in the search bar to easily locate and select them.
For next steps, refer to the steps outlined under Add Team Members in Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs.
Edit 1:1 schedule qualifications
1. Click Manage Sessions, then click Edit 1:1 schedule.
2. In the popup modal, select the team member that you'd like to edit qualifications for.
3. Make the desired changes to qualifications. If you'd like to clear all qualifications, click Clear all qualifications.
4. Click the blue button Update Qualifications in the lower-right corner to save your changes.
Repeat the previous steps for each team member as needed.
Remove or transfer a schedule
If you can't attend your scheduled 1:1 session, you can transfer the schedule to another team member.
Note: you can only transfer the entire schedule and not individual 1:1 sessions. The schedule can only be transferred to a team member who doesn't already have an existing schedule.
1. Click Manage team, then click on Remove/transfer schedule.
2. In the popup modal, select the team member from the dropdown menu below the field Whose schedule would you like to remove?.
If you'd like to transfer the schedule to another team member, check the box for I would like to transfer this team member's schedule to another team member.
Select the new team member from the dropdown, then click the blue button Transfer.
Note: you may only transfer a schedule to a team member that isn't currently participating in the fair.
3. If you'd like to remove the schedule entirely, click the blue button Remove in the lower-right corner of the popup.
Change sessions to externally hosted video
If you experience trouble getting connected to a group or 1:1 session or you'd prefer to host the session outside Handshake, you may update group or individual 1:1 sessions with an external URL.
Note: once the session is changed to an external video, it cannot be reverted.
1. Click on Manage Sessions, then click Edit group session.
2. Select the relevant session from the dropdown, then choose External video platform.
3. Enter the video URL in the Video URL text field, then click the blue button Confirm in the lower-right corner to save.
1. Click the three dots menu to the far right of the 1:1 session row, then click Switch to externally hosted video.
2. Enter the URL in the popup that loads, then click Add link in the lower-right corner of the popup.
Review sessions taken
To view booked sessions, including all RSVPs, click on the Schedule tab. On this page, all sessions will be displayed. Click on each relevant session to view its details.
- To view a student's profile, click View Profile to the far right of their name.
- To manage a session, click the three dots to the far right of each session row. Actions include:
- Cancel meeting
- Send a message
- Switch to externally hosted video
Group sessions will display the total count of student RSVPs below the heading Student attendees. To view the details of each RSVP, click the gray button View RSVPs to the far right of the session row.
Learn more about Managing RSVPs with Evaluations, Notes, & Labels.
Note: only the schedule owner can cancel group sessions, and the schedule host must have claimed the schedule to have the option to cancel the meeting.
Mark group sessions as not attending
1. If you can't attend a session, click the three dots to the right of the session row, then click Mark as not attending.
2. In the confirmation modal, select Keep Group Session (to cancel the action) or Remove from meeting (to proceed).
3. 1:1 sessions will be added by default and will be marked as busy. To set the sessions as available, click the three dots to the far right of the row, then click Mark as not busy.
Mark 1:1 sessions as busy
1. Click the three dots to the right of the relevant session row, then click Mark as busy.
Best Practice: to accommodate breaks in your schedule, mark sessions as busy.
For a video walkthrough, check out our Video: Managing Schedules for Virtual Fairs.
Article is closed for comments.