Events hosted by your school, and events hosted on-campus by employers can have student qualifications set for them. Student qualifications allow you to restrict event attendance to a particular subset of students based on their Education information.
All students will be able to view the event, regardless of the qualifications set. However, students' Education data must meet the qualifications selected in order to register for the event.
Qualification logic is 'AND' across qualification types, and 'OR' within a particular type.
- For example, if you select School Years: Sophomore, Junior 'AND' select Colleges: College of Business — this would allow any Sophomores 'OR' Juniors with College of Business listed on their profile to register.
1. To set qualifications for an event hosted by your school, or an employer-hosted on-campus event, click Events from the left navigation bar in Handshake.
2. Locate the relevant event, then click on the event name.
3. From the event overview page, click the Qualifications tab in the upper-right corner of the page.
Note: if there isn't a Qualifications tab in the upper-right corner of the page, double-check the event type — if it's hosted off-campus or virtually by an employer, you won't be able to set qualifications.
3. Select the desired qualifications of fair attendees:
- School years: select school years to limit registrations to only students with these school years. This is the education level on student profile. You may select as many as you like.
Cumulative GPA Required: check this box if you'd like registrations limited to students with a minimum gpa.
- Cumulative GPA text box: if marked required, enter the minimum gpa
- Major Groups: select specific majors groups to limit registrations to students with a qualifying major.
- Colleges: enter the name(s) of colleges that students must be linked to in order to register for the fair.
Required Labels: enter any labels that students must have on their profile in order to register.
Note: if more than one label is selected, students only have to have one of the labels to qualify.
- Note: if more than one label is selected, students only have to have one of the labels to qualify.
Note: Students missing any of the required data on their profile won't be able to register. For example, if all school years are checked, but the student doesn't have a school year selected on their profile, they won't be able to register.