Follow the steps in this article to invite students to fairs hosted by your school or another school in Handshake (that your school has been invited to). For additional co-host resources, refer to Co-hosting a Multi-School Fair in Handshake.
This article will cover the following topics:
- How to Invite Many Students to a Career Fair
- How to Invite Specific Students for a Career Fair
- Checking the Notes for Invited Students
- Invitations through Targeted Emails on Handshake
For events, refer to Events: Inviting Students.
How to Invite Many Students to a Career Fair
1. Click Fairs from the left navigation bar, then click the name of the fair you are interested in inviting students to attend.
2. From the fair overview page, click Invite Students, located in the Action menu on the left of the page.
3. Using the filters on the left of the page, select the group of students you would like to invite. The pie charts on the right side of the page aggregate the data as students are selected/deselected.
Reminder to fair co-hosts: this step will only invite students from your school!
4. Click the green Invite Users button in the lower-right corner of the page when you are ready to send the invite.
Invited students will be notified in Handshake or via email, depending on their notification settings.
Note: if there is a student limit set, and registrations are at capacity, students will be given an option to join the waitlist. For more information, refer to Waitlists for Fairs & Events.
How to Invite Specific Students to a Career Fair
Follow the steps above to access the Invite Students page, then type the student's email in the Search text box, located in the upper-left corner of the page. The page will update to indicate you are now selecting one student.
Click the green Invite Users button in the lower-right corner of the page when you are ready to send the invite. This will send the invite to only that student.
Note: This will not register the student for the event, which happens when adding a student from the "Overview" tab.
The student invite is pre-configured with the details below:
Subject: "%recipient.calculated_first_name%, secure your spot at FAIR NAME"
The email includes the fair date, time, description (About), and a red hyper-linked button to register for the fair.
Here's an example of the email:
Checking the Notes for Invited Students
If a student or if students are invited through the green Invite Users button, once the invitation has fully sent to the student(s), a note of this information will be included in the notes section of the Career Fair overview page
Invitations through Targeted Emails on Handshake
If students are invited through targeted emails, they'll be added to the overall Invited located on the Career Fair overview page
You can see from the above example, the 331 students that were invited through the green Invite Students button is combined with the 35 students invited through a Targeted Email, amounting to a total of 366 students invited.
Note: Students invited through Targeted Emails will not appear in the notes at the bottom of the Career Fair overview page.