The Job Posting Overview tab provides aggregate performance data for applications, job views, and reach, as well as helpful recommendations to improve your job's performance.
The Overview tab is available for all employers in Handshake, however, only Premium employer partners have access to Job Views data.
Click Jobs from the left navigation bar, locate the specific job, then click the job title to be taken to the posting's page. The Overview tab loads by default.
This tab is broken down into three sections: Applicants, Job Views, and Reach, described below.
The Applicants section displays insight for your posting's applicants. On the right of this section is a recommendation for improving posting performance. Click the blue button in this tile to take action.
Immediately below the Applicants heading are two tiles with counts for Total applicants and Matching applicants. Click the tile for Total or Matching to review relevant applicants.
Below the tiles is a table graph depicting application counts over the last 30 days - total applicants are displayed in green, and matching applicants are displayed in blue.
- Hover your mouse over the table to review application counts per day, OR
- click the blue text View table data, below the table, for a popup with the data in list format instead. Click Close in the lower-right of popup when you're done reviewing the data.
If no one has applied to the job yet, this section displays "No applicants yet". You can take action by clicking on the options listed:
- Invite your matches to apply
- View recommended institutions to add to this job
Job views data is only visible for Premium employer partners who have a user account with a Premium seat.
This sections displays two tiles immediately below the heading for Total job views (all time) and Job views from messaging.
Below the tiles is a table graph of job views per day for the last 30 days.
- Hover your mouse over the day for total views that day (in green) and views from messaging (in blue), OR
- Click the blue text View table data, below the table, for a popup listing daily job view counts per:
- Total views this day
- Total clicks on this job's card from messaging this day
Core employers (and Premium partners without a Premium seat) will not be able to access this data, and a message displays "Upgrade to find out how many times this job has been viewed." Click the link Learn more.
Reach provides count and percentage breakdown of students on Handshake that have access to your posting, broken down by Total reach and Matching reach.
Immediately below the heading are tiles for Total reach and Matching reach. Click on the Matching reach tile to access the Matches tab. Read more about Job Matches.
- Total reach: the count of students and alumni that have access to your job posting (via post approval at their institution)
- Matching reach: the count of students and alumni that match the preferences set on your job and have access to your job posting
Below the tiles are donut graphs depicting this job posting's:
- Total reach: the percentage of active students and alumni across all of Handshake that have access to your post
- Click the blue linked text View all Institutions you posted to if you'd like to review institutions or post to more institutions.
- Matching reach: the percentage of your total reach that also matches your job's preferences.
- Click the blue linked text View matches to be taken to the Matches tab.