Once a job has been created and saved, you can review detailed information about the position on the posting page.
If you have not yet created a job, and would like to, refer to How to Post a Job.
Features available only to Premium partners are indicated by an asterisk (*). For more information, please check out this resource.
Access the posting page
Click Jobs from the left navigation bar, then select the job you want to review. Learn more about Navigating the Jobs Page.
The job posting page features an ellipsis icon in the top-right corner. Click this icon to Duplicate job or Close job.
Explore job details
The job posting page is organised into five tabs, each with specific information about the job.
The Overview tab provides aggregate posting performance data for Applicants, Job Views*, and Reach, as well as helpful recommendations for improving posting performance.
Explore the Job Posting Overview Tab.
The Institutions tab displays the institutions to which the job has been posted to and their approval status, as well as the institutions Handshake recommends you post the job to.
- Recommended Institutions
Post to more institutions
- If your employer has access to the Open Network, the checkbox for Post to the Handshake Open Network is visible. Learn How to Connect with Handshake Open Network.
- Use keyword search to search for an institution by name or location.
- To remove an institution, click the X to the right of their name.
- To post your jobs to the additional institution(s) selected, click the blue button Post.
- Filter on approval status by using the checkbox(es) to the right of the keyword search.
- Click the three hash marks to the far right of each institution row to access additional actions.
- View Details — this will open a modal with details about the posting, including status, application open and close date, application count, on-campus interview status, and comment history.
- View Institution — this will take you to the institution's page in Handshake, where you can review your approval status, institution contact information, and general comment history.
The Matches tab displays candidates from your approved institution connections who are likely to respond to your outreach, and candidates who meet all job qualifications specified on the job posting.
Filters and actions on this page may vary, depending on your current partnership with Handshake.
Discover your Job Matches.
The Applicants tab displays a count of all applicants. On this page, use the filters on the left sidebar to narrow and above the candidate table to narrow and customise your search results.
Check out the Job Applicant Management Guide.
The Job details tab includes the posting information that's visible to institutions, as well as the options to add or manage labels, add notes, review an added tracking code, and review applicant package recipients.
You can make changes to the job posting details in the following sections:
- Job title
- Position type
- Job description
- Location type
- Onsite location
- Employment duration
- Expected pay
- Additional compensation
- Additional benefits URL
Categorise your job
- Learn more About Job Roles (Employers).
- Level of Study
- Latest graduation date
- Course categories
- Application open date
- Application close date
- Number of hires
- How will candidates submit applications
- External URL
- Instructions for applicants
Your hiring team
- Company division
- Job owner
- Hiring team members
Learn How to Edit a Job Posting.